Im New and having issues

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Exile

Im New and having issues

Post by Exile »

I know, i am probably doing something wrong here,but am to stupid to find out what.

Earlier today i downloaded a few mods and all of which did not appear on the install part of the Easymod section. i did not know of you had to go to Admin/mods/ and then make a new folder for each mod, or just go to Admin/Mods/ and then put all files that go along with the mods

i have done both and STILL not a thing. Could my settings on Easy Mod be messed up some how?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Im New and having issues

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Exile wrote:I know, i am probably doing something wrong here,but am to stupid to find out what.

Earlier today i downloaded a few mods and all of which did not appear on the install part of the Easymod section. i did not know of you had to go to Admin/mods/ and then make a new folder for each mod, or just go to Admin/Mods/ and then put all files that go along with the mods

i have done both and STILL not a thing. Could my settings on Easy Mod be messed up some how?
each MOD has to be in a folder of it's own. most MODs come in a folder already.

however, the install file ( whatever.txt or whatever.mod ) much be in that folder or it will not show up in the easymod.

Exile

Post by Exile »

Thanks for letting me know that, I made a new folder of what the .mod is called. Well its not a .MOD it says its a .php. Is that the same or is there some sort of converter? the file i have is called 222. Weird i know, but this mod makes a column at the bottom of your forum that lists the last 10 active topics.

I went into the Admin/Mods/ file and made a folder called Admin/Mods/222/ and it still is not picking it up. is there anything i am doing wrong, all files are Executable and all. Again i ask, could my settings be messed up somehow?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Exile wrote:Thanks for letting me know that, I made a new folder of what the .mod is called. Well its not a .MOD it says its a .php. Is that the same or is there some sort of converter? the file i have is called 222. Weird i know, but this mod makes a column at the bottom of your forum that lists the last 10 active topics.

I went into the Admin/Mods/ file and made a folder called Admin/Mods/222/ and it still is not picking it up. is there anything i am doing wrong, all files are Executable and all. Again i ask, could my settings be messed up somehow?
this is not about settings, it is about doing it correctly.

how about a link to the MOD in question.

any php files in a MOD are just the databse update files.

if you do not have a .txt or a .mod file, then there is something wrong with the MOD.

robert

Exile

Post by Exile »

Exile

Post by Exile »

Nevermind, it was just a bad mod thing, i got a mod to work nevermind

Lumpy Burgertushie

Exile wrote:Nevermind, it was just a bad mod thing, i got a mod to work nevermind
yep, that one is over 5 years old and 20 phpbb versions out of date.

good work,

robert

Exile

Post by Exile »

Now, is there a Mod out there like that? becuase in my past forums history, that function was on every site, and it seems like a must.

Lumpy Burgertushie

the description of that MOD doesn't make much sense. If you try and explain exactly what it is that you are wanting, maybe I can find it for you.

robert

Exile

Post by Exile »

this mod seems to be standard on all phpbbnow.com sites like there free one.

But at the bottom of the forum there is another section that will scroll through showing the top 10 active posts.

http://custombuttons.phpbbnow.com/ there is what im talking about look at the bottom of those forums