Error Installing Textual Confirmation

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
FZRDude

Error Installing Textual Confirmation

Post by FZRDude »

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$template->assign_vars(array(
'USERNAME' => isset($username) ? $username : '',
'CUR_PASSWORD' => isset($cur_password) ? $cur_password : '',

MOD script line #162 :: FAQ :: Report

CRITICAL ERROR: Could not modify [includes/usercp_register.php]

This is the error that I get when trying to install the "Textual Confirmation 1.0.7 " MOD using EasyMod 0.3.0.

I'm suprised that I was able to get this far as I am totally clueless about php...... Where do I go from here?

Thanks to any and all that assist.

FZRDude

Re: Error Installing Textual Confirmation

Post by FZRDude »

I have read through the FAQ and I do not see anything that helps, as I do not know how to look up these errors nor do I have the skill/knowledge to fix them if I did find them. It seems like this paticular MOD is just a canned version that "just" installs. I cannot get it to.

In the 11 steps that are listed I cannot get past #8. I have no other MODs on the board and the board has 4 members, 3 posts, and only the sub-silver theme. We have just set this board up to be a test bench for MODS and Back-up/Restores.

The board can be found here... http://www.fzr1k.com/phpbb/

FZRDude

Re: Error Installing Textual Confirmation

Post by FZRDude »

I'd like to take a moment to scream obcenities at everyone for not helping. I guess that I'll have to switch to some other form of bulletin board/forum software that will actually provide support to it customers.

This site and software has become a very big dissapointment for anyone trying to ask support. Doesn't matter if the question is about a MOD, an add-on, or even updrading to the most current version of phpbb.

Good Day and good-bye.