Attachment mod ...

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nightrider

Re: Attachment mod ...

Post by Nightrider »

Ok, Good Luck Atea!!!

Atea

Post by Atea »

So, here it goes ... I'll try to install Attachment MOD again. NOW!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I only want to check, if I understand everything ...

I just need to replace text in install.txt with EM friendly version, then upload attachment_mod (folder, that I downloaded) in admin/mods and then run EM? Did I understand everything okay? (and then, when I finish with installation, I need to follow DIY instructions :D )

I really don't want to screw up anything ... I already made some categories and sub forums ...
+[¨Look at me, you may think you see who I really am, but you’ll never know me. Everyday it’s as if I play a part. Now I see, if I wear a mask I can fool the world, but I cannot fool my heart.¨]+

Atea a.k.a Rea a.k.a Shadow Angel Without Wings ...

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Atea, it sounds like you have a good grasp of what you have to do to install the Attachment MOD. So go ahead and try it and see what happens...

Atea

Post by Atea »

Problems already ...

When I go to AP and click Install MOD, I get this ...

Code: Select all

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/mod_header.tpl does not exist
+[¨Look at me, you may think you see who I really am, but you’ll never know me. Everyday it’s as if I play a part. Now I see, if I wear a mask I can fool the world, but I cannot fool my heart.¨]+

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Did you install a new template after installing EM? If so, you will need to copy the following files to the new template images and admin folder...

Code: Select all

copy easymod/includes/*.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/*.tpl
copy easymod/includes/emc.gif to templates/subSilver/images/emc.gif
copy easymod/easymod.gif to templates/subSilver/images/easymod.gif
*.tpl means copy all files with the tpl file extension to the destination...

Atea

Post by Atea »

aha ... I think, that I understand ... Yes, I installed some templates ... Do I need to upload these files only for SubSilver or for other templates too? :?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

No, these files are already uploaded to your subSilver template. So you would want to add them to your alternative template(s) as well...

Atea

Post by Atea »

? So I need to upload these files for all templates except of SubSilver? [strange ... I didn't find these files in SubSilver/admin and other folders for these template either ... :S]

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If you have already installed EM onto your forum, these files would be found in your subSilver admin and images folders or else EM would never have been able to work. So unless you removed them from the subSilver folders, then all you need to do is add them to your new template admin and images folders...

These are the files that you would find in your alternative template image and admin folders...
  1. Image templates/new template name/admin - 12 files
    • Image mod_complete.tpl
    • Image mod_diy_body.tpl
    • Image mod_header.tpl
    • Image mod_help.tpl
    • Image mod_history.tpl
    • Image mod_history_details.tpl
    • Image mod_install.tpl
    • Image mod_login.tpl
    • Image mod_preview.tpl
    • Image mod_process.tpl
    • Image mod_settings.tpl
    • Image mod_sql_body.tpl
  2. Image templates/new template name/images - 2 files
    • Image emc.gif
    • Image easymod.gif

Atea

Post by Atea »

Oh, NOW I understand ... I don't remember in which folder I searched for these files, but 100% not in SubSilver/admin ... xD xD xD They ARE here ... xD