MOD doesn't appear on list - Jr Admin MOD

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nintendo Gamecube

MOD doesn't appear on list - Jr Admin MOD

Post by Nintendo Gamecube »

I have easymod installed, and i went to my admin/mods, uploaded the MOD, it made a new folder, but it doesn't show up on easy mod
Some one please tell me how to correct this.
Last edited by Nintendo Gamecube on Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nintendo Gamecube

Re: Installing Junior Admin MOD

Please help.

Nightrider

Re: MOD doesn't appear on list - Jr Admin MOD

Post by Nightrider »

Did you actually install EM yet or did you only upload the installation files to your admin/mods folder? It sounds like you have not installed EM yet. To do so, follow these instructions and if you run into any problems, don't be shy about asking for additional assistance...

EM Installation Instructions

If you haven't done so, here is the EM Installation Read Me and a Supplement that Nux created. It would be good if you read it now if you haven't already done so:
  1. ReadMe for EasyMOD beta 1 (0.3.0)
  2. EM Installation Supplement
Now, do the following:
  1. Create a mods subfolder in your admin folder
  2. Upload the entire easymod folder, including all 54 files and 5 folders, to the new admin/mods subfolder that you just created using your favorite FTP application. My favorite is SmartFTP because it is powerful and free...
  3. Once the files are fully uploaded to your FTP server, run the the EM install in your browser. The path may look something like the following in your browser. Make sure the path is exact, including font case. MODS is not the same as Mods or mods:

Code: Select all

http://yourdomain.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php
  4. There are about 6 Steps in the EM installl. For each page displayed, scroll to the bottom. If there is a button, keep pressing them until EM says FINAL Step on the last page and there are no other buttons on the bottom of the page. Many people quit too soon before EM is fully installed, so don't make that mistake.
  5. If all goes well, EM should now be installed
If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to ask for additional support...

Nintendo Gamecube

I did install it, when I go to install MODs, there is nothing there, it says all have been processed.

FTM

Post by FTM »

You said it made a new folder when you uploaded it. Make sure you don't have a double folder in the mod name. For example, when I am in one of my mod files it looks like this.

/public_html/forum/admin/mods/Invitation_Only/
Make sure when you are in yours it doesn't look like this.

/public_html/forum/admin/mods/Invitation_Only0/Invitation_Only/
I am still very new to this so this too and am no expert. But I had the same problem when I tried my first mod after installing easyMOD :D
Last edited by FTM on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nintendo Gamecube

Just one, any other ideas?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

FTM provided some good advice. If that isn't the problem, there are several others that could cause what you are reporting...

MOD Not in Unprocessed List

There are several different reasons why this could happen:
  1. The MOD Script isn't written in a format that EM can read. Could you provide a download link for the MOD? Have you ever been able to install any other MODs using EM???
  2. You are not uploading the MOD folder to your admin/mods directory...
  3. The MOD script is not in the root of the MOD folder...
  4. There is a problem with your EM install. On some sites, such as Awardspace and Lycos to name a few, the standard version of EM won't work. There is a specially modified version of EM available to work on sites like this. To find out whether you have one of these sites, check the file permissions on some of your phpBB files. If they are all set to 755, you will need to install a special version of EM...

Nintendo Gamecube

Do you have MSN or Yahoo! Messenger? I would like to chat through that, please tell me your name on them.

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

Did you really check all the given suggestions yet?