Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nightrider

Re: Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Post by Nightrider »

This comment implied that this is what is made available:

Code: Select all

// Define available charset
So where does it feed the charset to the Random generator? It will only spit back characters from the array fed in...

flesh

Post by flesh »

karlsemple wrote: It is not that simple, as the Vc image is now generated by the dss_rand() function called in the usercp_register.php and inserted in the confirm table, and this is then pulled via the usercp_confirm to generate the image. you would have to re-write/modify the dss_rand functions to stop the image using letters :)

maybe you are right because when I saw the code I firs tried to make it be removing the letters from here

$chars = array('A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'J',  'K', 'L', 'M', 'N', 'O', 'P', 'Q', 'R', 'S', 'T',  'U', 'V', 'W', 'X', 'Y', 'Z', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9');
but it didn't worked and that's why I wrote here :roll:

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

Nightrider wrote: This comment implied that this is what is made available:

// Define available charset
So where does it feed the charset to the Random generator? It will only spit back characters from the array fed in...

The dss_rand generated code is turned into the confirm code in the usercp_register.php, the usercp_confirm.php pulls this code and then cycles through it to generate the chars, removing the chars from the char array and png generation array entries just leave the file unable to generate the image for the characters already defined in the confirm code pulled from the database, hence it will normally give a dud image :), you need to alter the confirm id at the point it is entered into or pulled from the database before messing with the arrays :)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Yep, I see that this is a lot more complicated than I anticipated. So do you know enough to teach Flesh how to modify the code to generate only valid numbers???

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

Nightrider wrote: Yep, I see that this is a lot more complicated than I anticipated. So do you know enough to teach Flesh how to modify the code to generate only valid numbers???

Yes, but this would be making an already weak VC image even weaker :)

flesh

Post by flesh »

karlsemple wrote:
Nightrider wrote: Yep, I see that this is a lot more complicated than I anticipated. So do you know enough to teach Flesh how to modify the code to generate only valid numbers???

no matter ;)
I will be very grateful if you could help :)

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

flesh wrote:
karlsemple wrote:

no matter ;)
I will be very grateful if you could help :)

check your pm's, this is still something I would not recommend :D Also it might be worth noting that this has little or nothing to do with easy mod so please do not post an further questions relating to this in this forum, feel free to pm me though :)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

We've been a lot more flexible on what is discussed here in the EM Forums than they are over at phpBB.com. I don't have a problem trying to help people who have asked for help with their EM problems with other problems they encounter as well. Many of these problems are interconnected, so even if it doesn't directly relate to EM, the discussion usually evolved from an EM related problem. I see no good reason to become less tolerant in this community. That can be reserved for the phpBB.com community...

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

Nightrider wrote: We've been a lot more flexible on what is discussed here in the EM Forums than they are over at phpBB.com. I don't have a problem trying to help people who have asked for help with their EM problems with other problems they encounter as well. Many of these problems are interconnected, so even if it doesn't directly relate to EM, the discussion usually evolved from an EM related problem. I see no good reason to become less tolerant in this community. That can be reserved for the phpBB.com community...

Thanks for sharing :)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

As always, you are quite welcome. It's good to see someone else helping out here, so I hope you can stick around for a while karlsemple. The more people who can offer assistance the better...