Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
karlsemple

Re: Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Post by karlsemple »

flesh wrote:
Nightrider wrote: Yes, it does appear that the Confirmation code was added in the 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 Update. If you have a newer phpBB version, this should already be a part of it. What phpBB version are you running on your site???

I am running 2.0.19 but I don't have a visual confirmation code option :(

Is your template up to date, though....if the template is out of date and the board files are up to date you will be missing the options to enable the confirmation image :) There is an article on updating the templates to support it in the knowledge base on phpbb.com

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

That's a good suggestion karlsemple... Image
flesh wrote: I am running 2.0.19 but I don't have a visual confirmation code option :(

Do you know the version that your template was designed for? If it was designed for phpBB 2.0.10 or earlier, then you would want to create Template Only versions of the phpBB Updates and install them just like you would any other MOD...

Creating Template Only MODs

All you need to do is create Template Only versions of the MODs that you have installed.
  1. First create a duplicate of the MOD script in a new text file. To make it easier to remember, just use the same MOD filename that the MOD author used, but add _template_only to the name. So if you are using the TopicCalender.txt file, the new Template only version would be named TopicCalender_template_only.txt.
  2. Then save the new Template Only MOD and store it in it's own separate templates only folder...
  3. If there are any files included with the MOD that are supposed to be uploaded to template folders, store them in the new Template only MOD folder maintaining the same folder structure that the original MOD used...
  4. Next add the name of the new Template to the end of the MOD Title using your favorite Text editor. So the MOD Title could look something like this if Aeolus is your new template name:

Code: Select all

## MOD Title:  Topic calendar - Part 1 (common to all setup) Aoelus
    EM will recognize this as a new MOD if the MOD Title is different from what it has previously installed...
  5. Next strip out all NON-Template related modifications. All you want in this new Template Only version of the MOD are alterations for template files only. If there are any copy commands, only keep those that copy included files into template folders too..
  6. Then rename all instances of subSilver with your new Template name using the Replace All function that you can find in most text editors.
  7. Now you can upload the new Template Only MOD folder to the admin/mods and run it like you would any other MOD using EM.
If you have added more than one new template, you would want to repeat Steps 6 & 7 for each Template except instead of using subSilver, you would use the name of the last template that you installed using this Template Only version of the MOD. So if the last template you modified with this was Aeolus and you want to apply the changes to Helius next, do a Replace All on Aoelus to Helius...

It really isn't that difficult to update each new template after the fact...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: That's a good suggestion karlsemple... Image
flesh wrote: I am running 2.0.19 but I don't have a visual confirmation code option :(

Do you know the version that your template was designed for? If it was designed for phpBB 2.0.10 or earlier, then you would want to create Template Only versions of the phpBB Updates and install them just like you would any other MOD...

Creating Template Only MODs

All you need to do is create Template Only versions of the MODs that you have installed.
  1. First create a duplicate of the MOD script in a new text file. To make it easier to remember, just use the same MOD filename that the MOD author used, but add _template_only to the name. So if you are using the TopicCalender.txt file, the new Template only version would be named TopicCalender_template_only.txt.
  2. Then save the new Template Only MOD and store it in it's own separate templates only folder...
  3. If there are any files included with the MOD that are supposed to be uploaded to template folders, store them in the new Template only MOD folder maintaining the same folder structure that the original MOD used...
  4. Next add the name of the new Template to the end of the MOD Title using your favorite Text editor. So the MOD Title could look something like this if Aeolus is your new template name:

Code: Select all

## MOD Title:  Topic calendar - Part 1 (common to all setup) Aoelus
    EM will recognize this as a new MOD if the MOD Title is different from what it has previously installed...
  5. Next strip out all NON-Template related modifications. All you want in this new Template Only version of the MOD are alterations for template files only. If there are any copy commands, only keep those that copy included files into template folders too..
  6. Then rename all instances of subSilver with your new Template name using the Replace All function that you can find in most text editors.
  7. Now you can upload the new Template Only MOD folder to the admin/mods and run it like you would any other MOD using EM.
If you have added more than one new template, you would want to repeat Steps 6 & 7 for each Template except instead of using subSilver, you would use the name of the last template that you installed using this Template Only version of the MOD. So if the last template you modified with this was Aeolus and you want to apply the changes to Helius next, do a Replace All on Aoelus to Helius...

It really isn't that difficult to update each new template after the fact...

yes this could be the problem, because I checked that I have the usercp_confirm.php file in the includes ... but I don't really understand what to change to add this option :(

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

So what version is your template designed for? If you don't know, you can go to the site where you downloaded it and it should be listed in the Subject line...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: So what version is your template designed for? If you don't know, you can go to the site where you downloaded it and it should be listed in the Subject line...

Is it written in any of the templates ... because I don't really know from where I downloaded it :(

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

What's the name of the template???

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: What's the name of the template???

subblack, but I changed it's looking generally :)

flesh

Post by flesh »

Is it possible just to add the code for viewing the visual code from any template that have this option ... in the editing profile template and in the admin ...

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

flesh wrote: Is it possible just to add the code for viewing the visual code from any template that have this option ... in the editing profile template and in the admin ...

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=329

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

flesh wrote: Is it possible just to add the code for viewing the visual code from any template that have this option ... in the editing profile template and in the admin ...

It might be a good idea to upgrade subBlack to your current phpBB version to help simplify MOD installs in the future. I found subBlack over at phpBBHacks.com and found that it was designed for phpBB 2.0.5-2.0.10. So your subBlack template is currently at phpBB 2.0.10 and your subSilver template is at your current phpBB version, which could cause some conflicts in future MOD installs...

It is extremely easy to update your templates up to the current phpBB version. I have created Template Only versions of the phpBB Updates, but I did that over a year ago and I made a few mistakes that need to be corrected before you can use them. I would be happy to do it though if you are interested in bringing your templates up to the same phpBB version as the rest of your board...