Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
flesh

Re: Is there a list of the mods that could be installed with EM?

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: It sounds like the MOD has been abandoned. I can try to take a look at it, but it may take a while and I can't guarantee success. I'm surprised that someone else hasn't dealt with this problem and posted a workaround since this is so old. Did you look through the topic to see if anyone else complained about this???

I am searching but I didn't found anything :|
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Less than 2 weeks ago, jasonago posted that he is trying to finish coding this MOD. So it is wrongly labeled a Beta MOD. The Friends MOD is still Alpha. I hope he is working on correcting this problem that you've uncovered. The friends section on the Profile page is badly coded...

Unless you are already in love with this MOD, I would Remove it until the MOD author finishes coding it and has time to support his topic...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: Less than 2 weeks ago, jasonago posted that he is trying to finish coding this MOD. So it is wrongly labeled a Beta MOD. The Friends MOD is still Alpha. I hope he is working on correcting this problem that you've uncovered. The friends section on the Profile page is badly coded...

Unless you are already in love with this MOD, I would Remove it until the MOD author finishes coding it and has time to support his topic...

do you know what in the code to change to be shown only 6 of the users friends ?
This could be a solution for some time :|

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Yes, you can do this:

OPEN
includes/usercp_viewprofile.php

FIND

Code: Select all

for($j = 4; $j < $total_h_friends; $j++)
REPLACE WITH

for($j = 4; $j < 7; $j++)
Save and upload to your includes folder. Be sure to create a backup of the usercp_viewprofile.php file before you overwrite it though just in case you make a mistake or something goes wrong...

With this change, you will only be able to display a total of 6 friends on your Profile page...

flesh

Post by flesh »

flesh wrote:
Nightrider wrote: Less than 2 weeks ago, jasonago posted that he is trying to finish coding this MOD. So it is wrongly labeled a Beta MOD. The Friends MOD is still Alpha. I hope he is working on correcting this problem that you've uncovered. The friends section on the Profile page is badly coded...

do you know what in the code to change to be shown only 6 of the users friends ?
This could be a solution for some time :

haha :))
that actually fixed all the problems :))
You are great, Nightrider, thank you ;)
I only fixed

'LINK_MORE_FRIENDS' => $total_h_friends>8? '<a href="'.append_sid("friends.$phpEx?u=" . 
the 8 with 6
and in the

$total_h_friends = $total_h_friends>8?8:$total_h_friends;
too :)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

You only needed to fix the for loop to make things display properly. The other two lines that you listed didn't need to be modified...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: You only needed to fix the for loop to make things display properly. The other two lines that you listed didn't need to be modified...

Noo... they need to, because it was set to be displayed a link to the list of all of the user's friends after they become 8... after I changed it - the link is displayed after they become 6 and now I don't have any problem with this mod [img]http://niki_b.linkbg.com/images/emo/korn19.gif[/img]
really nice [img]http://niki_b.linkbg.com/images/emo/happy.gif[/img]

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Ok, I'll take your word for it. I'm glad all is displaying properly now. Hopefully in the near future, the MOD author will come up with a better solution to this problem...

flesh

Post by flesh »

Nightrider wrote: Ok, I'll take your word for it. I'm glad all is displaying properly now. Hopefully in the near future, the MOD author will come up with a better solution to this problem...

you can see it http://forums.irontrees.com/profile.php ... ofile&u=92
Thanks for helping me [img]http://niki_b.linkbg.com/images/emo/worshippy.gif[/img]

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Yes, that looks much better. It's a shame that the MOD isn't designed to continue to the next row when there are more than 6 Friends. It wouldn't hurt the layout to continue vertically down the page...