Simple reply help

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nightmare121

Simple reply help

Post by Nightmare121 »

Okay i just installt he easymod and i was trying to do this quick reply http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=287126" target="_blank and it show me this crtical error can some one help me please heres the error

Critical Error

Function Trace: open_files[5]->modio_open[2]->modio_mkdirs[1]->ftp_mkdir_struct[4]

FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [../../../]
Current dir: [/forums/admin/mods]
MOD script line #36 :: FAQ :: Report

Here my view topic: if i cant do the easy mod way
Last edited by Nightmare121 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightrider

Re: Simple reply help

Post by Nightrider »

Could you remove the code above to your viewtopic.php file. If I ever need to look at your phpBB files, I would need a Text link to it rather than posting the code here. I will be happy to get EM to working for you, but I won't teach you how to manually install your files. This is the Installing MODs using EM forum...

If you plan to manually install the MOD, then you can learn how to do so using these instructions: How to Install MODs

If you want to get EM to working correctly, then we can try to figure out why it's not and fix it...

Nightmare121

Post by Nightmare121 »

OKay you want me to move the crtical erorr? and Ya I look at that Tut and i have no clue what to do when i open the file it always so close together so i can't see what i post to find so i can replace it thats why i download the easy mod but i try and it gave me a crtical erorr so please help. Okay here i follow the steps open viewtopic.php and i get this http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5725/viewcq2.png" target="_blank so i have no clue where i post to find but if i copy and paste it on to like here its all neat, then it tell me to find $template->pparse('body'); but i cant find it.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

No remove the viewtopic.php code. It clutters the topic with a bunch of unnecessary code and does nothing to resolve your EM problem. I willl help you with the EM problem, but I won't teach you how to manually install the MOD. Manually installing MODs is a very risky way to install MODs so I won't promote that option...

Nightmare121

Post by Nightmare121 »

Okay help me i dont know why it gave me the error and how i fix it

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Ok, did you have any trouble installing EM? Which version of EM did you install? When you unzip the MODs, do you maintain the folder structure and upload the entire MOD folder to admin/mods???

You do have an odd problem, so it's hard to guess what could be causing it. If you want me to take a closer look at it, send me a PM and we can go from there...