Installation Problems. Cannot connect, write access?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
bzwolf

Installation Problems. Cannot connect, write access?

Post by bzwolf »

Hi,

I had EasyMOD installed but it started giving me FTP connection errors and so I decided to update it...now I cannot even install it because I get the same FTP connection error. I had my host turn off safemode, have verified that files and folders have the proper chmod setting, and verified I am using the correct FTP info (it works fine in everything else).

Here's the debug info...I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me. After upgrading phpbb I lost my mods and really don't feel like or have time to manually edit all the files...thanks a lot
EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: Update EM from: 0.2.0
phpBB version: 2.0.19
Working Dir: /home/httpd/vhosts/thebirdsofprey.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 2
Mode: debug

The Error wrote: No error.

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: No
root path write :: No
chmod access :: unattempted
unlink access :: unattempted
mkdir access :: unattempted
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: OFF
copy access :: No

Additional System Information:

System: Linux unixplesk3.nexpoint.net 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 13:28:55 EDT 2005 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--without-oci8' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-unixODBC=shared' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mcal' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
PHP version: 4.4.1
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: ON
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: ON
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:
write: buffer & ftp
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: ftpb
move: ftpa
ftp dir: httpdocs/forum
ftp host: 128.121.21.39
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: true
ftp ext: ext
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxr-xr-x .
drwxr-xr-x ..
-rw-r--r-- easymod.gif
-rw-r--r-- easymod_display_functions.php
-rw-r--r-- easymod_install.php
drwxr-xr-x em_includes
drwxr-xr-x includes
drwxr-xr-x languages
drwxr-xr-x templates
Testing FTP access...

FTP ERROR: connection to 128.121.21.39:21 failed.
This error occurs frequently when the port number is incorrect. Back on step 1 you should try changing the FTP Port from 21 to whatever port you typically use when you FTP.
The port is definately correct. Any suggestions?

Nux

Re: Installation Problems. Cannot connect, write access?

Post by Nux »

If EasyMOD stopped working without any interference from you then your host might have changed something. So you should probably just ask your host about it.

Good luck :).

bzwolf

Re: Installation Problems. Cannot connect, write access?

Post by bzwolf »

I talked with the host and nothing has changed. I see other people here have gotten similar errors but I've tried the different fixes...used the IP instead of localhost, turned off PHP FTP

Any ideas?