Wanting to uninstall.

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Survive

Wanting to uninstall.

Post by Survive »

Hi i am here to ask how do i uninstall the mods that i installed with EM please? :oops: Sorry but i am new to it and im not sure. It backed up some files but not to sure to were. Thanks i get this error code

Code: Select all

Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error &#58 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_globalannounce' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_globalannounce, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND a.forum_id = 2

Line &#58 164
File &#58 auth.php
Thanks - Survive

(http://b2sclan.puffinhost.com/forum)
niksa

Re: Wanting to uninstall.

Post by niksa »

If you are installing because of that error but you want to keep the mod, then make sure you ran the SQL first. Sometimes it's an update.php file or something like that.

If you just want to restore an old backup since before that mod, then go to EM History, select the mod & restore files. Be careful because this can affect mods installed after the mod you're removing.
Survive

Post by Survive »

Ok thanks :D . But everything is working fine now. I just had to reverse the hall mod! :P
niksa

Post by niksa »

Glad to hear it's working! :mrgreen:
RRaccoon

Post by RRaccoon »

How do you reverse a mod? I don't see that in "EasyMod History" anywhere.

What I really need to do is REinstall a mod. I had hoped reversing it would help it show up as available again. Right now all mods look applied so they don't show up for installing.

The whole forum directory got restored to prior to the mods. (The database has not changed.) Is there any way to get the mods reinstalled? I only need the "keep unread" mod. Right now it appears that new messages don't get marked as new at all so I might be more messed up than I though.

[Edit: Found it explained in viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21896" target="_blank . I didn't know to delete the historical record. Sorry!]
Survive

Post by Survive »

Ok, no problem. I got rid of the mod by reading the Read Me and doing the opposite of what it says ;)
niksa

Post by niksa »

Survive wrote: Ok, no problem. I got rid of the mod by reading the Read Me and doing the opposite of what it says ;)
That's often the safest thing to do. :)
Survive

Post by Survive »

Cool thanks :D . Is it the hardest way to?