Installing Attachment MOD with EM

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
majjk99

Installing Attachment MOD with EM

Post by majjk99 »

I'm trying to install the attachment mod with easymod, but got slightly confused after reading - "How to install a MOD - Installing Attachment MOD v2.3.8 with EM"
(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12140)

There it says that:

4b) Perform a global replace of attach_mod/root with just root This is specifically to fix the COPY command in Step I of Attach

I just cannot find any "attach_mod/root" in install.txt. Then it it goes on and says:

4c) The lang files need to be added to the COPY command. Append the following to the list of files to be copied:
copy root/language/lang_english/lang_admin_attach.php to language/lang_english/lang_admin_attach.php
copy root/language/lang_english/lang_faq_attach.php to language/lang_english/lang_faq_attach.php
copy root/language/lang_english/lang_main_attach.php to language/lang_english/lang_main_attach.php

What list of files is that? I would expect to find a list in the format of "copy somefile to somelocation". It simply isn't there. The word copy is only mentioned once in the entire file, so what am I actually looking for? I am trying to install version 2.4.0a, not 2.3.8, but that isn't the explanation, is it?

Am I just thick, or is there a more pleasent explanation to this?

Nux

Re: Installing Attachment MOD with EM

Post by Nux »

Try this one:
viewtopic.php?p=128927#128927

It should also install attach 0.4.1 on phpBB 2.0.19 but I didn't test that directly so be carefull.

majjk99

Post by majjk99 »

thanks! worked nicely (maybe a good idea to update viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12140 ...)

so will I have to wait for someone to release an EM compatible install.txt after each new version of the attachment MOD (and even for some new versions of phpbb and EM)... seems like not the best way to organize things. I do understand that EM and the attachment MOD are two different things with (probably) different people working on them, but since both MODs are very popular and can't really totally ignore each other, one would expect (hope?) that there was a bit of communication between the developers. Before someone point it out to me, I'm gonna say that I'm aware of the fact that (as far as I know) there is no official EM standard yet, which means that every MOD developer can ignore those unofficial guidelines there are... but there must be such a thing as common sense! Having spent an awful lot of time so far on manual updates, it seems pretty clear to me that EM is the future.

Nux

Post by Nux »

AcydBurn doesn't seem to like the idea of EM :?.

majjk99

Post by majjk99 »

Nux wrote: Try this one:
viewtopic.php?p=128927#128927" target="_blank

It should also install attach 0.4.1 on phpBB 2.0.19 but I didn't test that directly so be carefull.
it says:

"Please notice that I (Nux) only changed this file to be more friendly for EM"

what kind of changes has been made? I could only spot differences in whitespace...