Reinstallation error

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Saint Shinryu

Reinstallation error

Post by Saint Shinryu »

Well, after solving a huge mess and fixing an error that just about killed my board, I've got a couple of problems. I was able to reinstall EasyMOD thanks to the Version Changer, but now EasyMOD is unable to reinstall the mods I had before the earlier error. It doesn't recognize them as not being processed, apparently. I was referred here by the staff at http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank

Here's the thread with the initial and resulting problems:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=309520" target="_blank

The second last post in the thread is apparently my solution, but I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to edit or what I'm supposed to edit it to. Any advice for a total newbie? :?

Thanks in advance.
ChALkeR

Re: Reinstallation error

Post by ChALkeR »

you do no need to reinstall mods if you used code changes to update phpBB

Else (if new board),

you need to delete phpbb_easymod table, change EM version and reinstall EM and all mods (DO NOT RUN SQL COMMANDS AGAIN WHILE RE-INSTALLING MODS)
Sorry for my bad English....
Saint Shinryu

Re: Reinstallation error

Post by Saint Shinryu »

I essentially wiped my board and reuploaded the database from before the error. It might as well be a new board anyway, since I only started it two days ago.

If I delete this table, I'll have to reinstall ALL of my mods again? And I will be able to do so through EasyMOD? Where would it be located? Might as well save the effort of searching while I'm at it.