Error during instalation

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
kickboard

Error during instalation

Post by kickboard »

I have looked threw some FAQ looking to see if this has happend and I have also looked at some posts on this forum as well as others but it seems no one else is having this error that I seem to have it is

Proposed Database Alterations
Database Alterations - DISABLED

Pseudo SQL Allow
NOTE: SQL processing has been disabled in Alpha 3 and no alterations to your database will actually be preformed. It will be implemented in Beta 1. Press "Complete Installation" to continue.

I get it while I install the Topic Calender on my 2.0.7 phpBB2 forum

I read on one of the installation guids to installing easymod installer and it said if the mod says something is not writable during the first set up window that it should not matter it is just for informational use

Is there anyway that I can stop this from happening or maybe I am doing something wrong that you guys can tell me to stop doing?

Thanks

niksa

Re: Error during instalation

Post by niksa »

kickboard wrote: Proposed Database Alterations
Database Alterations - DISABLED

Pseudo SQL Allow
NOTE: SQL processing has been disabled in Alpha 3 and no alterations to your database will actually be preformed. It will be implemented in Beta 1. Press "Complete Installation" to continue.
This just hasn't been implemented in the current version of EasyMOD, it means that you have to install any SQL instructions by yourself. So you'll have to take anything that's a .SQL file or SQL instructions in the actual mod's directions and insert it using phpmyadmin.. or if there is an install.php with your mod it should take care of it.