error 404 , can not browse to install.php SOLVED!!!

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
jvogelsang

error 404 , can not browse to install.php SOLVED!!!

Post by jvogelsang »

I have read almost every post here and I still can not get a correct soultion to my problem. Like many others I have downloaded the easymod install file. I unpacked it on my local machine. I then used cuteFTP to upload it to my server. I placed the files in http://mysite/fourm/admin/mods/easymod/ and when I use ftp to connect I can clearly see the path is correct according to the install instructions. I can also see that in the easymod folder on the server there is a file named easymod_install.php .I then go to my board and login and administrator. I try and navigate to the install folder and I keep getting the 404 error that tells me the file is not there. If fact , I know it is. if I use http://www.mysite/admin/mods/easymod/ I can navigate using the browser to the folder and I can even get the gif's to appear, but I can not get the install file to show. I have been at this for two days and I am about to just give up , Please help.
Last edited by jvogelsang on Fri May 02, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Realisty

Re: error 404 , can not browse to install.php

Post by Realisty »

Are you sure that easymod files and folders have the 755 permission (chmod) ?

jvogelsang

Re: error 404 , can not browse to install.php SOLVED!!!

Post by jvogelsang »

Thanks to nightrider , I have installed EM. It seems that I uploaded the filles to the wrong directory. Now I am Hvaing a problem installing the attachment mod. I downloaded the em friendly text and replaced the install.txt file with the EM friendly version but when I try and install using EM I am told that all mods have been processed . I can clearly see that this is not true ? any ideas.