Problem installing on local machine (no ftp)

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
mezzmerized

Problem installing on local machine (no ftp)

Post by mezzmerized » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:22 am

I am running Apache2, PHP5, Mysql, PHPBB2 on an Ubuntu Gutsy server. All packages related are current repo versions.

I called myself having searched for a similar thread, not having turned up anything that helps me.
I do not administer my server via ftp. It is a local machine.
I have tried installing easymod twice.

I have followed the directions in the README.

The Modifications section appears in the ACP, along with 5 error messages in the left sidebar, at the top, above the Admin Menu.

Code: Select all

Warning: include(./../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod .php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod .php on line 32
There is, in fact, no

./../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod .php:32) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 139

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod .php:32) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 145

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod .php:32) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 146
line 139:
header ('Cache-Control: no-cache, pre-check=0, post-check=0');

lines 145-146:
header ('Expires: 0');
header ('Pragma: no-cache');

So, I re-read the README and FAQ, moved the lang_easymod.php to the /language/lang_english directory, reloaded the browser page and Voila!!! No more Modifications menu.

A third install yeilds

admin_easymod.php, looking for: admin_easymod.php

Warning: fopen(../../admin_easymod.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php on line 1562
Lines 1560-1562:

// open admin_easymod.php for reading

$found = false;

if ($fin = fopen('../../admin_easymod.'.$phpEx, 'r'))
I noticed that the admin_easymod.php was actually admin_easymod.php.txt

I saved the file as admin_easymod.php, installed a 4th (maybe 5th time) and Everything looks good.

All green, congrats installation confirmed!!!!!

Upon opening the ACP, however, I now have:

Warning: include(./../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod.php:32) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 139

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod.php:32) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 145

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/admin_easymod.php:32) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 146
./../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php is present and is 755.

Anyone with more experience see something obvious?

I thank you in advance for taking the time to give me a nudge.

mezzmerized

Re: Problem installing on local machine (no ftp)

Post by mezzmerized » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:16 am

Is there a relatively painless way to remove easymod?