how to reinstall easymod

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
microtekblue

how to reinstall easymod

Post by microtekblue »

Hello,

I think i need to reinstall easy mod.

I think I put localhost as my local host instead of something that my hosting company gave me just now.

How would I go abouts to reinstall easymod?

Do I just run it again and it reinstalls on everything else??

What are the exact steps to reinstall? Please help.

Thanks all.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: how to reinstall easymod

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

microtekblue wrote:Hello,

I think i need to reinstall easy mod.

I think I put localhost as my local host instead of something that my hosting company gave me just now.

How would I go abouts to reinstall easymod?

Do I just run it again and it reinstalls on everything else??

What are the exact steps to reinstall? Please help.

Thanks all.
why do you think you need to reinstall?

is it not working?

robert

microtekblue

Post by microtekblue »

Yea it doesnt work....I can never install any mods...it shows up in my ACP but it doesnt work.

I think i need to reinstall becuz for localhost setting i put "local host" which is incorrect according to my hosting.

I also ended up installing using the manual method the first time around....so I think i didnt do sumthing right.

I want to basically uninstall it and reinstall...

How do I do that?

Thanks

Lumpy Burgertushie

microtekblue wrote:Yea it doesnt work....I can never install any mods...it shows up in my ACP but it doesnt work.

I think i need to reinstall becuz for localhost setting i put "local host" which is incorrect according to my hosting.

I also ended up installing using the manual method the first time around....so I think i didnt do sumthing right.

I want to basically uninstall it and reinstall...

How do I do that?

Thanks
EDIT: STOP!!SEE POST BELOW

well, the quickest way is to go to the admin panel, to the easmod section.

go to settings, then change the version number to something else, it doesn't matter what.

now, simply go to:
yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php

and do the install again.

robert
Last edited by Lumpy Burgertushie on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumpy Burgertushie

wait, before you do this. I just went through the installation again myself to see what you were talking about.

where it asks for localhost, you should leave it like that.

probably what your host has told you is in relation to your database access, not for easymod.

so, therefore, you do not need to reinstall just for that.

why don't you tell us what type of problems you are having installing MODs with easymod.

then maybe we can help you figure it out.

robert

microtekblue

Post by microtekblue »

well I am getting this error when I try to update the easymod settings:

"Your EasyMOD settings have been updated successfully. (EM password not updated)

Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to /public_html/ontariohighwaytrafficact
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

1. Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
2. Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
3. In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
4. Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

FTP root directory:
/

Directory listing: your FTP Path should start with one of the directories listed below
FTP Error: A file listing could not be obtained. This usually indicates solution 4 listed above."

I dont know what the problem is exactly. I have all the correct ftp information, as I am able to connect and log in it says.

But then the other part, I dont know why that is happening really? I tried to make other setting changes, but end up with similar type of error.

So basically before that I had it on the manual change method, SO whenever I install a mod, I would manually have to update the files....and still no mod would work. So I dont really now at this point if easymod was even installed correctly or not.

The thing is what happened was that on the first install, I couldnt get passed this error then, so I installed easymod the manual way by uploading the files and stuff.

It shows up in my ACP...but I have never been able to successfully install a mod through easymod as of yet. Even when I do the manual uploadings.

So that is why I thought I should try to re-install the whole thing and try over from scratch.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, the error is telling you that easymod can not change directories to access the one you told it to.
you should not put this:
/public_html/ontariohighwaytrafficact

here is how you fix it.
go to your admin panel,
go to the easymod settings
scroll down a ways until you see the ftp path to phpBB2 part.

now, in that box, simply put /
just that one slash

do not change anything else.

then submit
and it should start working.

once we get easymod working, then you probably won't have any problems getting it to install MODs.

robert

microtekblue

Post by microtekblue »

Ok that I did before too, and this is the error I get:

"Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to /
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

1. Important: You have a slash (/) at the end of your FTP Path. Try removing this and retrying.
2. Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
3. Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
4. In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
5. Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

FTP root directory:
/

Directory listing: your FTP Path should start with one of the directories listed below
FTP Error: A file listing could not be obtained. This usually indicates solution 4 listed above.
"

Similar error comes also when I try using : public_html/, /, public_html

What should I try now?

Thanks.

Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, make sure there is nothing in that field, put your cursor in it and click the backspace key and the delete key.

now, put the slash in,

make sure it is / and not \

now, if it gives you the error again, click on the rescan button if it has one on that page.

robert

Lumpy Burgertushie

when I try to go here on your server:
http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com ... s/easymod/

I get a 404 error that says that the easymod directory does not exist

I also get one when trying to find the mods directory.

have you removed them for some reason?

where did you put the easymod folder when you uploaded it to your server?

robert