500 Error after installing EasyMod

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
malacandra

500 Error after installing EasyMod

Post by malacandra »

After I installed EasyMod 0.3.0 on my phpBB 2.0.23 forum, when I tried to access my forum, I got a "500 Internal Server Error." The explanatory text said, "The script had an error or it did not produce any output." When installing, I originally tried to use the "I have FTP access" option on page 1, but it couldn't access any of the files in my forum directory with the account I provided so I went back to the start and used the last option, I believe it was "Have EasyMod suggest what to do". Everything checked out during the install, but like I said, when I tried to access the actual forum, it gave me the server error. Does anyone know how to remove the 500 server error and continue using EasyMod, or do I have to reinstall my board to restore the damaged files?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: 500 Error after installing EasyMod

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

malacandra wrote:After I installed EasyMod 0.3.0 on my phpBB 2.0.23 forum, when I tried to access my forum, I got a "500 Internal Server Error." The explanatory text said, "The script had an error or it did not produce any output." When installing, I originally tried to use the "I have FTP access" option on page 1, but it couldn't access any of the files in my forum directory with the account I provided so I went back to the start and used the last option, I believe it was "Have EasyMod suggest what to do". Everything checked out during the install, but like I said, when I tried to access the actual forum, it gave me the server error. Does anyone know how to remove the 500 server error and continue using EasyMod, or do I have to reinstall my board to restore the damaged files?
I don't see how installing easymod can create a 500 error when you try to access your board.

however, that error is a server error and your host will be able to look at the logs and see what is causing it.

robert