Installing EM - Address Trouble

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Bellmaster4

Installing EM - Address Trouble

Post by Bellmaster4 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I am trying to download EasyMOD for my new forum. I have download the files and everything, and I'm using the EM Read Me.

I up to the part where you have to put in the website address, but cannot figure out what mine would be. I have the easy mod file stored here:

C:\Program Files\phpBB 2.0.22\GH\admin\EasyMOD 0.3.0\easymod

For example, if this is my forum url (http://www.myforumurl.com) then what installation address should I use?

Thanks!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Installing EM - Address Trouble

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:55 am

none of this is a program that you install or run on your computer ( unless of course, you have phpbb installed on your computer.

where is your phpbb board?

from the looks of what you posted, you do not have phpbb installed on your computer.
so, you do not install easymod on your computer but on your web host where phpbb is.

once you get that cleared up, then the path would be thus:

http://yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/admin/m ... nstall.php
robert

Bellmaster4

Post by Bellmaster4 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 am

I am hosting with free forums. I don't know what you mean about installing phpBB on my computer, becuase I have downloaded the files of the official phpBB website. :?:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Bellmaster4 wrote:I am hosting with free forums. I don't know what you mean about installing phpBB on my computer, becuase I have downloaded the files of the official phpBB website. :?:
Your site is on a free forum host. You have no access to the server to upload easyMOD or any other MODs.
You may have downloaded phpBB but the version running on your site is a 1-click free forum host installation.

In short, you cannot install MODs on your free hosted site.