Transfer

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
SheWolf

Transfer

Post by SheWolf »

Ok, I made a forum with a free forum hosting site that uses phpBB. Just recently it was been transferred to the new upgraded server so I have full access to the admin panel. I can access everything about this board thru the server, and I went to install EasyMod in there. I DO NOT have phpBB installed on my computer, it is all on the server. I went into the admin folder on the server for my site, made a mod folder because there wasn't one, then made an EasyFolder in that one. I do have SubSilver installed on that board, but it is NOT the default. I am using AcidTech Blood as the default. I noticed that the files I copied from the Easy Mod zip are both in the public.html (admin) folder as well as the www (admin) folder. So far though, I don't see anything in the admin cp on my forum after installing the mod. Any help would be great and feel free to ask me stuff because I am fairly new with all of this and would really like to install some much needed mods to the forum. ;)

This is a screenshot showing where I put the files from EasyMod. There Are still 3 files left as you can see at the bottom...not sure if that is right, but I'm sure if it's not someone will slap me.

Realisty

Re: Transfer

Post by Realisty »

Did you execute easymod_install.php after uploading the files ?

SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

I double clicked on the 'easymodinstall.php file that was in there (the very bottom file you see), and this is what I got:

Image :shock:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

The folder should be called mods not Mods.

And you don't double click the install file you go to that address in your browser.

yoursite/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php

SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

Ok, I fixed the Mods file to mods...I tried to get into it like you had mentioned as in : http://www.the name of my site.net/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php and all I got was a 404 error page of my server I use. Sorry to be such a dork, but I am totally lost. :oops:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Everything is CaSe sensitive.
Try
admin/mods/EasyMod/easymod_install.php
which is how you have it although I had an idea it should be easymod (lowercase).

Yes I just checked my server, rename that to lowercase too and then do the original link I said.

SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

I changed everything now, all the folders are lower case. Again I typed in http://www.myforum.net/admin/mods/easym ... nstall.php and I got that same 404 error.
This is what I got:

CRITICAL ERROR: the file 'admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_ftp.php' could not be found. Please, make sure EasyMOD has been uploaded under the admin/mods/easymod/ directory of your phpBB installation.

*sighs* I think I need a beer. Murphy seems to love me today. :cry:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

It's in the right place now because you can see the install file here
.net/admin/mods/easymod/
You just have to be logged in as the admin to run it.

SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

I am in my admin cp on my forum, and I am the only one who has access to cPanel on the server. Still getting that same message. Is there something I am missing? I don't see any mod button in my admin cp on my forum, and I am in the cPanel where I downloaded the EasyMod.

SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

Help, anyone?!! Please? I am really stuck on this and would love to get this working. I am logged into my forum as an administrator, and I can also get into the database and see tables thru the phpmyadmin in cPanel. Why can't I get the installer to run?