won't go past step 1

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: won't go past step 1

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:45 pm

I am at a loss here. I have installed this on hundreds of boards, even on a few windows based hosts. I have never seen this issue before.

I know there is nothing wrong with easymod, so it has to be either the host setup or the way you guys are doing it or something.

At this point, the only way I could help would be if I had access to the server in question to see what is going on.

sorry,
robert

mysticlenz.com

Post by mysticlenz.com » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm

is it because of the beta version otherwise?my forum is hosted at easycgi.com...is there any standard version for easymod.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm

mysticlenz.com wrote:is it because of the beta version otherwise?my forum is hosted at easycgi.com...is there any standard version for easymod.
no, it is not because of the beta status of easymod. it has been called beta for several years.
I don't know why they have not officially upgraded it to final.
It works perfectly fine for thousands of different people every day on different server setups, etc.

anyway, like I said, it must be something with how your host has things configured ( windows hosts tend to configure their servers all crazy sometimes. ) or with the way you are trying to install it.

I am at a loss for other possibilities.

sorry,
robert

mysticlenz.com

Post by mysticlenz.com » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:13 am

Friends,
The problem is resolved.The issue is because of the cookie domain that i have used.Instead of giving my complete domain name i.e http://www.mysticlenz.com i have mentioned only mysticlenz.Now i have left the field blank in the admin>General>configuration area and now easymod got installed.

Thought to share it!! :)

cableguy

Post by cableguy » Sun May 18, 2008 9:39 am

i got this problem too even i have set blank in the cookiedomain. it halt on step1 no matter how i choose the radio and hit submit

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy » Thu May 22, 2008 9:23 am

cableguy wrote:i got this problem too even i have set blank in the cookiedomain. it halt on step1 no matter how i choose the radio and hit submit
Please keep to your own topic thanks - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29601
I'm a web-designing prototyping tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || BandCamp ||
Please don't contact me via pm/email unless I ask you to/say it's ok