Broken easy mod or testural conformation?

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
gungablue

Broken easy mod or testural conformation?

Post by gungablue »

My hosting company recently switched over to new platforms.

After this migration my phpbb broke and the first tech support person blamed my cgi bin and erased it and installed a new one and told me all would be fixed by the next server refresh. No such luck. The next tech support person had me change( $dbhost = 'snjourne.startlogicmysql.com';) from ($dbhost = 'localhost';) in config.php

this fixed my phpbb however I lost my spam blocker,"textural conformation" I installed with easyMod.

easymod and textural conformation still appear in my phpbb admin panel. when I go to recreate a textural conformation I get the error
Could not insert question/answer pair!

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'snjourne_p_bb3.TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_TABLE' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_TABLE(question,answers) VALUES('What color is the sky?','blue Blue BLUE')

Line : 113
File : admin_tc.php

I feel I should uninstall easymod and textural comformation and reinstall them however I don't know how to do that either and feer making things worse.

I hope someone recognizes this issue and can offer a somewhat easy fix.

Thanks in advance.
Karen

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Broken easy mod or testural conformation?

Post by Kevin Clark »

Your MOD is looking for a database table that doesn't exist.
Look in the instructions for either an ---[SQL]--- command which needs to be run on the database or a db update file it wants you to run.

gungablue

Post by gungablue »

Thanks. I'm to much of a novice for your prior advice.

I also noticed, when I hit the "process" button in easymod I get the following error:

Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[1]

FTP ERROR: could not connect to localhost

Could it be it's not finding the tables in the db because it's following the old path to the old db and if so what file do I need to redirect?

Thanks again,
Karen

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Sounds like the FTP info you're giving it is wrong.