Difficulty installing easymod - folder name

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
The_Magus

Difficulty installing easymod - folder name

Post by The_Magus »

Good morning:

I posted a topic yesterday on this same problem but can't find it this morning - forgot to tick the box at the bottom, I guess. I might be in the wrong forum at the moment but if so I hope someone will move this to the correct place.

The problem involves easymod. The installation instruction indicates I should upload it to the admin folder which is not part of mycopy of phpBB3. It does however have a folder named adm. I loaded easymod to the mods folder in the existing adm folder and tried to access it and received a pages with the message: CRITICAL ERROR: the file 'extension.inc' could not be found. Please, make sure EasyMOD has been uploaded under the admin/mods/easymod/ directory of your phpBB installation.

I then created a new folder and named it "admin" and uploaded everything that was in the "adm" folder to this new folder including the easymod files. Why the instructions should direct one to install into a non-existing folder in phpBB3 is beyond me but ......

I have tried to access the easymod_install.php file using both "adm" and "admin" but continue to receive the same message quoted above. I have, by the way, changed the permissions to -rwxrwxrwx

I can't think of anything else to do so would welcome some assistance. I won't forget to click the notify me button this time.

Cheers

Jack

Realisty

Re: Difficulty installing easymod - folder name

Post by Realisty »

The problem is that easymod is for phpbb version 2.0 and not for 3.0
I think there is an easymod for version 3.0 in development though.

The_Magus

Re: Difficulty installing easymod - folder name

Post by The_Magus »

Thanks - guess that is what happens when one does not do enough research.

Jack