EasyMOD Install - Database Config.

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
jbdavies

EasyMOD Install - Database Config.

Post by jbdavies »

Hello. I'm trying to install EM and am at the first step. I am completely new at this so I have no idea what to do. Under "Database Configuration" it has 5 options. 'Database Server Hostname/DSN', 'Your Database Name', 'Database Username', 'Database Password', and 'Prefix for tables in database'. I have no clue what to put in each of those areas. Can someone please help me out? :x

Oh also, in the 'DSN' part it already had 'localhost' in there and in the 'Prefix for tables in database' part it already had 'phpbb_' in there. I'm not quite sure what those mean.

Thanks in advance.
Jeremy 8-)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: EasyMOD Install - Database Config.

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what are you doing? there is nothing like this in the easymod install. it does not ask you for your database info because you have to have phpbb already installed before you can install easymod and it uses the database info from the config.php file.

robert
jbdavies

Post by jbdavies »

This is the screen thats asking for the info. I just realized that it says phpBB 2 Install... I want EasyMOD install... hmmm....

This is where I went to get to the page above.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jeremy 8-)
jbdavies

Post by jbdavies »

I think I might have figured out why it's not working. This is the directory that the EasyMOD install files are in: http://www.myonenation.com/Forum/admin/mods/easymod/

I think where they need to be is: http://www.myonenation.com/forum/admin/mods/easymod/ The 'forum' part is different, but I can't figure out how to use the FTP Manager in cPanel X, what I have been using is FrontPage.

Any ideas on how to help this poor miserable newb? :D lol

Much appreciated,
Jeremy 8-)
jbdavies

Post by jbdavies »

Never mind, apparently this site isn't here to help people through obstacles in their forum, it's just a place to come and "hang-out"...

But thanks for all the help that I did get… :roll: