Install not writing to sql database?

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
trey85stang

Install not writing to sql database?

Post by trey85stang »

I have attempted to install easymod twice, each time I get through the entire install process with no error message whatsoever. However upon completion the password doesnt work in admin tool. So I go to search the SQL database to reset the password using the instructions from this site to see that non of the sql tables and entries that are supposed to be there.

Am I doing something incorrectly? :?

edit: Also Im a newb to sql and phpbb.. if that matters any :D

trey85stang

Re: Install not writing to sql database?

Post by trey85stang »

well, I think I spoke to soon, this time the easymod tables are actually present... Although the EM_Password entry is not there still... so I still cant get the password to work :oops:

trey85stang

Re: Install not writing to sql database?

Post by trey85stang »

ok, third time is a charm. The install was never actually completing. Im not exactly sure why but I went froma super strong password to a somewhat simple password and everything installed correctly. after the 5th step it kept throwing me back to the forum index and I was thinking it was done when in fact it wasnt. The third time I got the 5th page which sadit the install was complete.

All good now, now to try and install some mods easily :D