Re-installing EasyMod

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
lithot

Re-installing EasyMod

Post by lithot »

I have already successfully used EasyMod and was very pleased with it. However, I've just moved the hosting of the website concerned and I'm having trouble getting it going again.

I am putting the files in "forum-directory"/admin/mods/easymod as suggested in the documentation. Then when I run easymod_install.php, I get a message:
Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

I've read all the bumph below it and already tried changing all the CHMOD to 777. I also noticed that I had imported a couple of MySQL tables with easymod prefixes so I deleted those, on the assumption that EasyMod wanted to create them from scratch. I've also deleted and re-uploaded all the easymod files again.

I saw the bit about changing the EasyMod version number to something earlier in order to force a re-installation. However the way to do that is to use the EasyMod section of the Admin menu and it's not there! For the same reason, I can't use Version Changer because that also works through the Admin menu.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm wondering if there's something else less obvious lurking in the MySQL tables that might be causing it, but I don't know what.

This is the full version of the debug info that it gives me.
EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: Update EM from: 0.3.0
phpBB version: 2.0.22
Working Dir: /home/cabrera/public_html/phpbb/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 1
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) here.

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: No
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: OFF
copy access :: No

Additional System Information:

System: Linux oldfield.uk-noc.com 2.6.17.7 #4 SMP Tue Jul 25 22:52:12 BST 2006 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2004g' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--with-pspell' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-zlib'
PHP version: 5.2.1
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: ON
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: ON
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:
write: server
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write:
move:
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

-rwxrwxrwx easymod.gif
drwxrwxrwx em_includes
drwxrwxrwx includes
drwxrwxrwx templates
drwxrwxrwx .
-rwxrwxrwx easymod_display_functions.php
drwxrwxrwx ..
drwxrwxrwx languages
-rwxrwxrwx easymod_install.php

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.
Thanks
Paul

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Re-installing EasyMod

Post by Kevin Clark »

lithot wrote:I also noticed that I had imported a couple of MySQL tables with easymod prefixes so I deleted those, on the assumption that EasyMod wanted to create them from scratch. I've also deleted and re-uploaded all the easymod files again.
Did you also remove the EM entries in the config table?

The config table has about 6 entries prefixed with EM_ and they are the ones that hold the version number, password etc that it's finding and complaining about.

lithot

Post by lithot »

For a moment I thought you'd hit on the answer there. You did mean the phpbb_config table presumably? I just went in there are found entries for varous bit of config for the main phpbb but nothing with a em_ prefix. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

The config table has about 5 pages to it. The EM ones are usually on about page 3.

lithot

Post by lithot »

Forgive me being thick: but what config table are you talking about? I've got a phpbb_config table in my MySQL database that contains things like config_id, sitename, site_desc, and so on but nothing with em or easymod. Then I've got config.php on the phpbb folder but that only gives the info for the database. I already deleted two tables in the database that were prefixed em_. Is there something else?

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

phpmyadmin
select your database
Click the phpbb_config table in the list on the left
At the top of the main screen click browse.
At the bottom of the screen it says Page number:1
If you go to 2 or 3 (depends on the number of MODs you have) you'll see the picture below (if you have easyMOD installed).

To remove the easyMOD (EM_) fields click the X next to each one.

lithot

Post by lithot »

Isn't it easy when you know what you're doing? I hadn't spotted that the config ran over into multiple pages :oops: .

EasyMod is now installed. Thanks for your patient help, Kevin.

Williams-Jr

Post by Williams-Jr »

helped me out also pal - thanks alot