SubSilver Template not found...but it's there!

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
daron

SubSilver Template not found...but it's there!

Post by daron »

Been trying to install EasyMOD and I get this:

Critical Error: EasyMOD cannot be installed. The subSilver template is not present in the templates directory. This template is required as the baseline template for MOD installations. The subSilver template is provided in the standard phpBB download at http://www.phpbb.com.

The interesting thing is, SubSilver IS in the template directory. It's where it should be in mywebsite/phpbb/templates. My forum is not using that template for the look, but it's still there. I even re-uploaded it to be absolutely sure.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thanks!

Raimon
Former Team Member

Re: SubSilver Template not found...but it's there!

Post by Raimon »

Have you also installed the template or is it a non actief style?

daron

Post by daron »

both. it's installed and it's not active.

SniffMoney

Post by SniffMoney »

i'm haveing the same issue... i have SubSilver installed and it's not being found by easyMOD. SubSliver isn't my main style that i'm useing, but it's in the template folder.

Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Make sure the SubSilver folder is here:

Code: Select all

/templates/SubSilver
It's case-sensitive.

Then try again.

- Poomie

AngryKitten

Post by AngryKitten »

my template is named correctly, and in templates..., and I also get that error. It is installed but not the active template. Does SubSilver have to be the actual active template in order for EasyMod to be installed? That would suck...

AngryKitten

Post by AngryKitten »

I would like to reinstall SubSilver, been looking through the forums... think I'm blind. ;) Where can I download that at?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

AngryKitten wrote:I would like to reinstall SubSilver, been looking through the forums... think I'm blind. ;) Where can I download that at?
subSilver has to be installed, but it does not have to be the active style.

if you need to get subSivler, then you go to the phpbb.com site to the downloads section and download the phpbb full package zip file and unzip it and then upload the subSilver folder to your server.

robert

AngryKitten

Post by AngryKitten »

So has anyone who has this problem figured what how to fix it, or what's going on? Subsilver IS there, I reinstalled it just to make sure all files were present and current. I still get the error

Critical Error: EasyMOD cannot be installed. The subSilver template is not present in the templates directory. This template is required as the baseline template for MOD installations.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

AngryKitten wrote:So has anyone who has this problem figured what how to fix it, or what's going on? Subsilver IS there, I reinstalled it just to make sure all files were present and current. I still get the error

Critical Error: EasyMOD cannot be installed. The subSilver template is not present in the templates directory. This template is required as the baseline template for MOD installations.
make sure it is named subSilver and not subsilver.

make sure that the subSilver.cfg and subSilver.css files are both there and named correctly.

go to your admin panel and switch back to subSilver to see if it works or not.

uncheck the override user box, otherwise, if this does not work, you will not be able to get back in to change it back.

robert