some more *noob*ery - need help

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
alphared

some more *noob*ery - need help

Post by alphared » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Okay I am new to phpBB, and to moding. *And* this question may have as much to do with the FTP as the easy mod install.

I installed easyMod 0.3.0 (beta) and the install went very well. At the phpBB site forums they suggest a mod to the install to allow special HTML tags. I have attempted to make this a mod (something I finally figured out how to do), successfully.

Now I had tried to modify the file admin_easymod.php manually and with the the mod I created, but no matter which way I try I get a no write failure. I have tried to modify the file (and this includes any file from easyMod by the way) so that I can write to it through my FTP. The files won't accept the modification to writability, even though I can and have modified every other phpBB file to be writable.

I have no idea what I need to do here to make these files writable or if this is a problem/feature of easyMod. The following is the errors when I tried to apply the fix as a mod;

Warning: mkdir(./mods/easymod patch/processed) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 184

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 185

Warning: mkdir(./mods/easymod patch/processed/admin) [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 184

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 185

Warning: mkdir(./mods/easymod patch/backups) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 213

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 214

Warning: mkdir(./mods/easymod patch/backups/admin) [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 213

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/.leonard/XXXX/public_html/forum/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 214

alphared

Re: some more *noob*ery - need help

Post by alphared » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Just to give as much info as possible.

I have discovered that I can EM the multi_bbcode mod, but I can not mod any other without getting this same error situation.