Lost Password

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Zira

Lost Password

Post by Zira »

I lost my Easy Mod password. How can I find it or reset it?
Neilc

Re: Lost Password

Post by Neilc »

Forgot your EM Password?

Starting with 0.0.11, your EM password is now MD5 encrypted and therefore cannot as easily be modified in the database. But the real problem is that since the EM password is now used as the key to encrypt the FTP password, we must reencrypt the FTP password any time the EM password changes. Fortunately I included a little proggie to solve this Wink Here's what to do:

1. Copy the admin/mods/easymod/includes/empw.php.txt file to your admin directory.
2. drop the .txt on the end of it so the filename is simply empw.php
3. Open this file from your browser and set your password. You will need to enter your FTP password if you use FTP with EM.
4. After updating, it is very important to delete empw.php, or rename it so it no longer ends in .php. Otherwise someone else could run the program and mess with your settings.

-Nuttzy Cool
Nightrider

Re: Lost Password

Post by Nightrider »

EM Password Change

Here are three ways to fix that:
  1. Blank EM Password (DB Update File)

Download the following and extract the em_blank_pwd.php from the em_blank_pwd.zip file. Then upload the em_blank_pwd.php to your phpBB folder root and run it from your browser. This will set the EM password to blank.

em_blank_pwd.zip

The path to the em_blank_pwd.php file could look something like this in your browser:

Code: Select all

http://yourdomain.com/phpBB2/em_blank_pwd.php
    Once you have successfully applied this db update, you can delete the file from your server. Then to get into EM, you can leave the password field blank...
  2. Blank EM Password

You can go directly into your phpbb_config table and find the record which starts with EM_password. Copy and paste the following in the following field. This will make it so you can enter EM without any password...

d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
    phpMyAdmin - Manually Changing the EM Password

The following is how you manually modify your EM password using phpMyAdmin. You can get into your database through your CPanel by clicking on phpMyAdmin. Follow the following instructions:

I'm sure that every host is different. I will tell you how I run my queries manually and hopefully it will be close to what you have available to you. The following may or may not be similar to what you have...

Log into your domain Control Panel and find the database icons. You should be able to find the phpMyAdmin icon. Click on it...

Hopefully that will log you into your phpAdmin panel. You may need to provide a username and password...

In the phpMyAdmin panel, click on the Databases hyperlink...

Hopefully that should take you where you can select your database. You may only have one. Select your database hyperlink...

That should open up the display of all the tables in your database. Ignore them. Somewhere on the page, you should see something similar to this:

Click on the phpbb_config table in the Left column navigation bar:

Then on the top left of the right window, click on the Browse button:

Then to display all the records, change the row settings to 500 starting with record 0, then press the Show button:

Scroll down to the EM Password field, then click on the little pencil icon next to the record to edit it:

Enter the following into the config_value Value editbox:

d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Then press the Go button. You should now be able to log into EM without entering a password. Once you get into EM again, you can add another password in EM Settings if you prefer to have one...

If you are still unclear on how to do this, send me a PM and I can probably reset your EM password for you...
  3. EM Password Utility

Try uploading this file to your admin folder and running it in your browser...

Change EM Password (empw.php)

You have to remove the .txt extension from the empw.php.txt file before you can run it. Remove the .txt extension and upload it into your admin folder. Then run the empw.php file from your browser.

The path should look something like this in your browser:

http://yourdomain.com/phpBB/admin/empw.php
    You will be asked to provide your new Password twice along with your FTP password. You will probably see a couple of errors, but the utility seems to work fine still. You will want to rename or delete this file when you are finished...