Critical Error: Unable to complete writing of post process f

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
unh0ly_freak

Critical Error: Unable to complete writing of post process f

Post by unh0ly_freak »

EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: EM status: New Install
phpBB version: 2.0.22
Working Dir: /www/110mb.com/s/u/b/l/i/m/i/n/subliminal/htdocs/boards/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 4
Mode:

The Error wrote:
Critical Error: Unable to complete writing of post process file.
Function Trace: main[4]->modio_close[2]

FTP ERROR: could not write file [admin/mods/easymod/post_process.sh]

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: No
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: OFF
copy access :: OK

Additional System Information:

System: Linux 110mb.com 2.6.18-3-686-bigmem #1 SMP Mon Dec 4 18:07:02 UTC 2006 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--enable-memory-limit' '--disable-debug' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-static' '--with-pic' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-pear=/usr/share/php' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-bz2' '--enable-ctype' '--with-db4' '--with-iconv' '--enable-exif' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--disable-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-yp' '--enable-dio' '--with-zlib' '--without-pgsql' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-zip=/usr' '--enable-dbx' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php4/libexec' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php4/apache2' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-gd' '--with-curl' '--with-mysql'
PHP version: 5.1.6
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: ON
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: OFF
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:
write: server
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: ftpb
move: ftpa
ftp dir: boards
ftp host: subliminal.110mb.com
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: ext
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxrwx .
drwxrwxrwx ..
drwxr-xr-x em_includes
drwxr-xr-x includes
-rw-r--r-- easymod.gif
-rw-r--r-- easymod_display_functions.php
-rw-r--r-- easymod_install.php
drwxr-xr-x languages
drwxr-xr-x templates
-rw-r--r-- post_process.sh
-rw-r--r-- post_process.bat
Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully
Current Working Directory: /
Directory listing: (0 files being listed)
2) CD to EasyMOD path successfully
3) wrote to phpBB root successfully

FTP access test :: successful

Ok, so I finally got safe mode turned off.. and I got a good bit further into the installation. .. until this crap happened. - The warning it gave me is as follows:
Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: Can't open that file: Permission denied in /www/110mb.com/s/u/b/l/i/m/i/n/subliminal/htdocs/boards/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_ftp.php on line 1167

The file mentioned is set to 0777.. so why can't it open it? And why can't it write the file [admin/mods/easymod/post_process.sh]?? Anyone got any idea why it ain't working??

PS: PLEASE help me!! I made it to Step 4 FINALLY.. and I need to finish this installation. :cry:

--------------------
------------------------
--------------------
EDIT::
--------------------
------------------------
--------------------

I found out that, in the admin center on my forum, EasyMOD is installed.. yet I was never able to finish the installation. Also, I can't log in to EasyMOD even though I know my password is right. *sigh*... Does anyone know what's up with this?..

Poomerio

Re: Critical Error: Unable to complete writing of post process f

Post by Poomerio »

I noticed that you are using 110mb.com as you host.
I have not heard of a successful case of EM being installed on a 110mb.com server.
You could try changing host if you need EM.

- Poomie

unh0ly_freak

Post by unh0ly_freak »

Poomerio wrote: I noticed that you are using 110mb.com as you host.
I have not heard of a successful case of EM being installed on a 110mb.com server.
You could try changing host if you need EM.

- Poomie

Thanks again.. but you already told me about people not bein' able to use EasyMOD on 110mb.com. Here's my guess: the reason EasyMOD hasn't been successfully installed on a 110mb.com server is because 110mb.com, by default, has safe mode enabled.. and also, they have fsockopen disabled.

I was lucky enough to have one'a the forum admins disable safe mode and also enable fsockopen. Safe mode is mentioned on the left when you first begin the EasyMOD installation.. and fsockopen was mentioned in my last error log.

After 110mb.com disabled safe mode and enabled fsockopen for me, I was able to make it two steps further in the installation than I was able to before.

So.. I believe there's somethin' else keepin' me from bein' able to finish the installation other than it just being 110mb.com's servers.

So if anyone else has any suggestions, PLEASE tell me.

unh0ly_freak

Post by unh0ly_freak »

Damn, support here SUCKS!! :x

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Unh0ly_freak, the community is only as good as the people who frequent it. Since this is an all volunteer community, it relies on those who have received help to return and offer assistance in return. If you aren't willing to return and offer assistance after you have received help in the community, then you shouldn't be surprised that many others feel the same way. I would love to see you and others return to offer advice whenever possible. Should I hold my breath???

I have tried to install EM on several 110mb.com sites with no luck. If you want me to try to see if your site is any different, send me a PM and we can go from there. I really don't expect miracles though. 110mb.com sites seem to have a screwed up setting that prevents EM's install. I have successfully installed EM on sites that were in Safe Mode and had fsockopen disabled, so I doubt that those are the cause of the 110mb.com problems. But I'm willing to try one more time on a 110mb.com site to make sure. If the 110mb.com people want my help to help them figure this out, I would be happy to offer any assistance that I can in order to help all others who are in the same boat...

Overgrown

Post by Overgrown »

Im getting sImilar error but not on all MOD installs, just most of them.

the error info:

Warning: ftp_put(): Connecting to port ____/..../bb/admin/em_includes/em_ftp.php on line 1167

Installation Failed

and also:
Critical Error

: complete_file_repro[1]->modio_close[2]

FTP ERROR: could not write file [admin/mods/Guests_VC_01/processed/templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl.txt]
MOD script line #246 ::

Then it shows a list of commands that were performed but just stops.

ALL these mods im trying, i recently had installed (more than once a few of them) and I just did a fresh install (twice now) to start the BB over. The board works fine, and easymod installed perfect (so it said). I only did the second fresh install of phpbb to get rid of this error. I cleaned the tables as well from any previous mod processed files.

some mods DO install Like Extreme Styles, Auto cookie. but hardly any of the basic others that were in there prior like Textualconfirmation, multiBBcode, many other bbcode MODS, etc, gives me this same error but metions a different port each time.

the CHMOD are all set correctly as far as I know and I have full access to the ftp.

but now i cant even install ONE anti-bot mod.

EDIT: Problem Resolved.
i went and unintsalled a few styles (the older ones) all but igloo, redsilver and now all is working fine again.