Problem installing EasyMOD

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
rashid

Problem installing EasyMOD

Post by rashid »

EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: EM status: New Install
phpBB version: 2.0.22
Working Dir: /www/1111mb.com/k/o/t/kotaguild/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 4
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[3]->modio_move[1]

COPY ERROR: could not move file [em_includes/em_functions.php] to [../../../admin/em_includes/em_functions.php]

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: OK
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: No
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: ON
copy access :: OK

Additional System Information:

System: Linux http://www.1111mb.com 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25 17:28:02 EDT 2006 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib=shared' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
PHP version: 4.3.9
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: OFF
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: OFF
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:
write: server
move: copy

Selected settings:
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxrwx templates
drwxrwxrwx languages
drwxrwxrwx .
drwxrwxrwx em_includes
-rw-rw-rw- easymod_install.php
-rw-r--r-- post_process.sh
-rw-rw-rw- easymod_display_functions.php
drwxrwxrwx includes
drwxrwxrwx ..
-rw-r--r-- post_process.bat
-rw-rw-rw- easymod.gif

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.

It's on 1111mb.com....
FlameWarrior

Re: Problem installing EasyMOD

Post by FlameWarrior »

EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: EM status: New Install
phpBB version: 2.0.22
Working Dir: /www/110mb.com/f/l/a/m/e/w/a/r/flamewarrior/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 4
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[3]->modio_move[1]

COPY ERROR: could not move file [em_includes/em_functions.php] to [../../../admin/em_includes/em_functions.php]

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: OK
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: No
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: ON
copy access :: OK

Additional System Information:

System: Linux 110mb.com 2.4.33grs-bipiv-ipv4-32 #1 SMP lun oct 23 19:00:07 CEST 2006 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--enable-memory-limit' '--disable-debug' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-static' '--with-pic' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-pear=/usr/share/php' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-bz2' '--enable-ctype' '--with-db4' '--with-iconv' '--enable-exif' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--disable-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-yp' '--enable-dio' '--with-zlib' '--without-pgsql' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-zip=/usr' '--enable-dbx' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php4/libexec' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php4/apache2' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-gd' '--with-curl' '--with-mysql'
PHP version: 5.1.6
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: ON
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: OFF
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:

Selected settings:
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

drwxrwx--- .
drwxrwx--- ..
-rw-rw---- easymod.gif
-rw-rw---- easymod_display_functions.php
-rw-rw---- easymod_install.php
drwxrwx--- em_includes
drwxrwx--- includes
drwxrwx--- languages
drwxrwx--- templates
-rw-r--r-- post_process.sh
-rw-r--r-- post_process.bat

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.

I hate to hijack, but I'm having almost exactly the same problem, I think. Except I'm on 110mb.com...

Helping as soon as possible would be lovely, because I am not the best when it comes to manually installing mods. If you could help us I would be infinitely grateful.
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

FlameWarrior, I have yet to successfully install EM on any 110mb.com site. They seem to have a setting that needs to be adjusted so that EM will work on it. I strongly suggest that you either get 110mb.com to look at and correct their problem or switch to a different free host. There seems to be many to choose from...

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Rashid, there may be a relationship between 110mb.com and 1111mb.com, since the names are so similar. As I mentioned in the previous post, I have yet to successfully install EM into any 110mb.com site. I don't know if 1111mb.com sites have the same problem...

You can try manually installing EM and see if that will work...

Manually Installing EM
  1. #
    #-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------------
    #
    copy easymod/em_includes/*.* to admin/em_includes/*.*
    copy easymod/includes/admin_easymod.php.txt to admin/admin_easymod.php
    copy easymod/includes/sql/*.* to includes/sql/*.*
    copy easymod/languages/lang_easymod_english.php to languages/lang_english/lang_easymod.php
    copy easymod/includes/*.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/*.tpl
    copy easymod/includes/emc.gif to templates/subSilver/images/emc.gif
    copy easymod/easymod.gif to templates/subSilver/images/easymod.gif

*.* means to move ALL files in the designated folder to the destination folder. *.tpl means to move ONLY files with the tpl extension from the source to the destination folders...

You will want to be careful to rename the lang_easymod_english.php file lang_easymod.php and the admin_easymod.php.txt to admin_easymod.php...
  2. Once you have all the files in the correct destination folders, you would want to update your database. You can download the following file, extract the db_update_easymod.php, then upload ti to your phpBB forum folder and run it from your browser:

db_update_easymod.zip

The path could look something like this in your browser:

http://yourdomian.com/phpBB2/db_update_easymod.php
    Once your database is successfully updated, you can delete the db_update_easymod.zip file from your phpBB forum folder...

If you prefer to manually apply the SQL queries to your database, you can use the following:

#
    #-----[ SQL ]-------------------------------------------------
    #
    CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod(
    	mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    	mod_title varchar(255),
    	mod_file varchar(255),
    	mod_version varchar(15),
    	mod_author_handle varchar(25),
    	mod_author_email varchar(100),
    	mod_author_name varchar(100),
    	mod_author_url varchar(100),
    	mod_description text,
    	mod_process_date int(11),
    	mod_phpBB_version varchar(15),
    	mod_processed_themes varchar(200),
    	mod_processed_langs varchar(200),
    	mod_files_edited mediumint(8),
    	mod_tables_added mediumint(8),
    	mod_tables_altered mediumint(8),
    	mod_rows_inserted mediumint(8), 
    	PRIMARY KEY (mod_id)
    );

CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod_processed_files (
      mod_processed_file varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
      KEY mod_processed_file (mod_processed_file),
      KEY mod_id (mod_id)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

INSERT INTO phpbb_easymod (mod_id, mod_title, mod_file, mod_version, mod_author_handle, mod_author_email, mod_author_name, mod_author_url, mod_description, mod_process_date, mod_phpBB_version, mod_processed_themes, mod_processed_langs, mod_files_edited, mod_tables_added, mod_tables_altered, mod_rows_inserted) VALUES (1, 'EasyMOD', 'easymod/easymod_install.php', '0.3.0', 'Nuttzy', 'pktoolkit@blizzhackers.com', 'n/a', 'http://www.blizzhackers.com', 'EasyMOD automatically perfoms in seconds which previously required the tedious task of manually editing files.', 1096879226, '2.0.21', 'subSilver', 'english', 0, 1, 0, 1);

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_cache', '0');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_dir', '');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_host', 'localhost');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_pass', '');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_port', '21');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_type', 'ext');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_user', '');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_move', 'ftpa');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_password', 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_read', 'server');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_version', '0.3.0');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_write', 'ftpb');
  3. Then you would need to go into EM Settings in your ACP MOD Center and adjust the settings to work on your board. We can deal with that when you get to that point...
rashid

Post by rashid »

Nightrider wrote: Rashid, there may be a relationship between 110mb.com and 1111mb.com, since the names are so similar. As I mentioned in the previous post, I have yet to successfully install EM into any 110mb.com site. I don't know if 1111mb.com sites have the same problem...

You can try manually installing EM and see if that will work...

Manually Installing EM
  1. #
    #-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------------
    #
    copy easymod/em_includes/*.* to admin/em_includes/*.*
    copy easymod/includes/admin_easymod.php.txt to admin/admin_easymod.php
    copy easymod/includes/sql/*.* to includes/sql/*.*
    copy easymod/languages/lang_easymod_english.php to languages/lang_english/lang_easymod.php
    copy easymod/includes/*.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/*.tpl
    copy easymod/includes/emc.gif to templates/subSilver/images/emc.gif
    copy easymod/easymod.gif to templates/subSilver/images/easymod.gif

*.* means to move ALL files in the designated folder to the destination folder. *.tpl means to move ONLY files with the tpl extension from the source to the destination folders...

You will want to be careful to rename the lang_easymod_english.php file lang_easymod.php and the admin_easymod.php.txt to admin_easymod.php...
  2. Once you have all the files in the correct destination folders, you would want to update your database. You can download the following file, extract the db_update_easymod.php, then upload ti to your phpBB forum folder and run it from your browser:

db_update_easymod.zip

The path could look something like this in your browser:

http://yourdomian.com/phpBB2/db_update_easymod.php
    Once your database is successfully updated, you can delete the db_update_easymod.zip file from your phpBB forum folder...

If you prefer to manually apply the SQL queries to your database, you can use the following:

#
    #-----[ SQL ]-------------------------------------------------
    #
    CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod(
    	mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    	mod_title varchar(255),
    	mod_file varchar(255),
    	mod_version varchar(15),
    	mod_author_handle varchar(25),
    	mod_author_email varchar(100),
    	mod_author_name varchar(100),
    	mod_author_url varchar(100),
    	mod_description text,
    	mod_process_date int(11),
    	mod_phpBB_version varchar(15),
    	mod_processed_themes varchar(200),
    	mod_processed_langs varchar(200),
    	mod_files_edited mediumint(8),
    	mod_tables_added mediumint(8),
    	mod_tables_altered mediumint(8),
    	mod_rows_inserted mediumint(8), 
    	PRIMARY KEY (mod_id)
    );

CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod_processed_files (
      mod_processed_file varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
      KEY mod_processed_file (mod_processed_file),
      KEY mod_id (mod_id)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

INSERT INTO phpbb_easymod (mod_id, mod_title, mod_file, mod_version, mod_author_handle, mod_author_email, mod_author_name, mod_author_url, mod_description, mod_process_date, mod_phpBB_version, mod_processed_themes, mod_processed_langs, mod_files_edited, mod_tables_added, mod_tables_altered, mod_rows_inserted) VALUES (1, 'EasyMOD', 'easymod/easymod_install.php', '0.3.0', 'Nuttzy', 'pktoolkit@blizzhackers.com', 'n/a', 'http://www.blizzhackers.com', 'EasyMOD automatically perfoms in seconds which previously required the tedious task of manually editing files.', 1096879226, '2.0.21', 'subSilver', 'english', 0, 1, 0, 1);

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_cache', '0');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_dir', '');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_host', 'localhost');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_pass', '');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_port', '21');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_type', 'ext');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_user', '');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_move', 'ftpa');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_password', 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_read', 'server');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_version', '0.3.0');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_write', 'ftpb');
  3. Then you would need to go into EM Settings in your ACP MOD Center and adjust the settings to work on your board. We can deal with that when you get to that point...

I Will try that, thank you very much for posting :)
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Good Luck rashid! Let me know how it goes...

rashid

Post by rashid »

Nightrider wrote: Good Luck rashid! Let me know how it goes...

Instalation went really smooth... just one problem... Which is the password? I checked in the db_update_easymod.php, but... that's not the pass... I'll try looking in the database...

EDIT: ok, after searching the forums I finally found a solution... set the $get_password = true; to $get_password = false;

Thanks Nightrider!
simon4u92

Post by simon4u92 »

hey nightrider, as you told i have tried installing easymod 0.3.0 and was having similar problem so followed your guide to install it manually but wats the password to login to access easymod?????
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If you used the SQL queries that I provided to create the two EM tables and add the 12 EM records to the phpbb_config table, then you can access EM without a password. Just leave the password field blank when entering EM...

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

rashid wrote: EDIT: ok, after searching the forums I finally found a solution... set the $get_password = true; to $get_password = false;

Yes, if you want to do away with the need for an EM password altogether, that is the best way to handle it. That's how I have my forums set up. Since I trust everyone who has access to the ACP on my boards, I see no compelling reason for additional security in order to enter into EM. So by disabling the login page, that is one less unnecessary nuisance to deal with..