Help requested installing EasyMOD

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
MothMan

Help requested installing EasyMOD

Post by MothMan »

Hi all.

New guy here, new to phpBB, new to EasyMOD, just new in general. :)

I've just installed a fresh phpBB (2.0.21) onto an unlimitedmb.com webspace.

(I've installed the forum into a '.../folder/' directory)

Forum works fine.

I haven't altered any files, haven't loaded any mods, and am trying to install EasyMOD.

I THINK I'm doing everything right...

I created a 'mods' folder (obviously, without quotes) in my .../folder/admin directory, and have uploaded the unzipped easymod folder into that 'mods' directory.

My end directory structure is:

.../folder/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes
---------------------------------------/includes
--------------------------------------/languages
--------------------------------------/templates

(with all contained files/sub-folder, of course)

I then point my browser to .../folder/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php

The 1st page of the install comes up.

I've selected that I have FTP access and SUBMIT, and then I get the following error.
Step 1 (gathering settings): You have specified that you have FTP access. Enter your FTP information below.

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../../../admin/mods/easymod/templates/step1b_ftp.tpl) is not within the allowed path(s): (/hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/t/othersi/public_html:/var/tmp/upload) in /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/t/othersi/public_html/forum/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_display_functions.php on line 37

A required file [../../../admin/mods/easymod/templates/step1b_ftp.tpl] is missing. Aborting install.

That file (step1b_ftp.tpl) is, however present.

I've also tried the other 2 options at the start page ("don't worry about permission" and "No ftp access, suggest what to do"), and in both cases get the same error, though referring to a different file.

I've actually deleted and reinstalled the phpBB forum several times, in case it was a forum installation problem, but the same error occurs.

I also tried installing the forum directly to the root directory and then installing EasyMOD, but the same error occurs.

Any ideas? As I said, I'm quite new to this, so it could very well be something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moth

MothMan

Re: Help requested installing EasyMOD

Post by MothMan »

Oops, I apologize.

I just found an earlier post with an identical problem, also using unlimitedmb.com.

I found a workaround here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25226

The solution worked, easyMod installed fine.

Thanks.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Congratulations MothMan!!! Image

You made it easy on us this time. I like to see it all work out like this and I'm happy to see that you were able to find the appropriate solution by searching for it...

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, don't don't be shy about asking for assistance. If I can, I will be more than happy to help you...

Santana

Post by Santana »

i have the easymod on my server under admin/mods/easymod/ transveried than i have the url in the browser http://www.poesie-und-lyrik.at/Poesie-u ... nstall.php" target="_blank than come the login to my forum i give my username and pw and login than stay welcome to the easymod installer and server style i make of send but than come the login and allways what i do come login also

but what can i do where is the problem

can me help please

best wishes

Santana

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

One of your problems is, excuse me, that you have not been able to explain in understandable language what your problem is.

What´s your problem? You login, then you login again, and again, and then again? 8O

Try to find a way to express better what goes wrong and when exactly. ;)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Santana, I see a couple of problems. First, the path that you provided above to your EM install is wrong. Where is the new mods folder? The path should look like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.poesie-und-lyrik.at/Poesie-und-Lyrik/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php
But what you are reporting is the Looping Login problem, which would tell me that the path that you provided was probably a typo and you are actually using the correct path that I listed above. So if that is the case, this is how you correct the Looping Login problem...

Looping Login Problem

What is the Cookie path in General Admin Configuration in your ACP? If it isn't set to / you might want to try it. Changing this setting will force all of your members to have to clear the cookies to your board in their browsers...

If that doesn't work, then you can edit your easymod_install.php file and remove the following section, which causes more harm than good:

Code: Select all

//
// Only administrators here, please
//
if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
	redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.$phpEx", true));
}
if( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_admin']);
}
Let me know how it goes...

Santana

Post by Santana »

Also i have opend the easymode.install

yes, this code i have inside

and this code must i delete

have i this right understanding

sorry my english is not so good

best wishes

Santana

Santana

Post by Santana »

Dogs and things wrote: One of your problems is, excuse me, that you have not been able to explain in understandable language what your problem is.

What´s your problem? You login, then you login again, and again, and then again? 8O

Try to find a way to express better what goes wrong and when exactly. ;)

yes its automaticly how a looping

it stay welcome to the install easymode and than ask me have you ftp and than i click on send than come i ever on the login side

looping

best wishes

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Santana, your English is fine. Your foreign language skills are much better than mine, so you have nothing to apologize for. I can understand you just fine...

If your cookie path is correct as listed above, simply edit your easymod_install.php file and remove the code that I listed above. I really think the code causes more harm than good anyway and never needed to be included in the install file...

Santana

Post by Santana »

wooooooooooooooooooow

i am stupid a little i have forget delete the code now i am in the administration jeeeeeeeeeepeeaaaaaaa