lang_easymod.php?

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
IC Admin

lang_easymod.php?

Post by IC Admin »

Hi. I just installed the EasyMod and it declared a complete installation. But in my admin page, I see this:

Code: Select all

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 32

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 32

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php:32) in /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 143

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php:32) in /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 145

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php:32) in /home/icecaves/public_html/boards/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 146
And the rest of the page after.

I checked and I don't see any files called 'lang_easymod.php' in the .zip that I downloaded. I re-downloaded it and I couldn't find 'lang_easymod.php'. Was it supposed to be created during installation because I manually moved the files. Thanks for any help.

Nightrider

Re: lang_easymod.php?

Post by Nightrider »

Did you manually install EM? That would be a shame if true. The manual option can be a real PITA compared to the standard option...

There is a file named lang_easymod_english.php that you should have renamed to lang_easymod.php before uploading it to your language folder(s). Once you rename the file, your errors listed above should go away...

You might want to consider reinstalling EM to use the standard option if you chose the manual option the first time around. I would be happy to help you through the install. If successful, you will be happy that you took the time to do it again...

IC Admin

Post by IC Admin »

Thanks a lot for your help.

I now have restored my forums, saved a backup and I'm now going to install it (with the ReadMe page of coarse ;) ). If I encounter any confusions I will let you know, thanks.

Oh, the ReadMe tells me to CHMOD all of my files (I'm guessing directories, too) to 755. Do I also have to CHMOD any new mods that I add to admin/mods in the future before using EasyMod to install them?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

On most servers, there is no need to change any file or folder permissions. Your host software should be setting the permissions correctly for what they require/allow. On most servers, the file permissions should be set to 644 while the folder permissions should be set to 755. As with everything else, there are exceptions to every rule. Some sites such as Awardspace and Lycos, to name a few, require both file and folder permissions be set to 755. If you are on one of those special sites, you will need to install a special version of EM. Otherwise, the standard version will be fine on your site...

IC Admin

Post by IC Admin »

Installation Confirmed. EasyMOD is installed!

I've explored the admin and everything looks nice and clean! Thanks for your help. If anything comes up with any mods, I'll be back. Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Yahoooo!!! Congratulations IC Admin!!! Image

IC Admin

Post by IC Admin »

Installation Complete!

Hooray!! My first mod was installed succesfully. I'm so happy I need my own dancing banana!

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Yahooooo!!!! You're on a roll IC Admin!!!

IC Admin

Post by IC Admin »

Thanks a lot Nightrider! 8)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

As always, you are quite welcome!!!