copy error

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
bw-

copy error

Post by bw- »

EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: EM status: New Install
phpBB version: 2.0.21
Working Dir: /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 4
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[3]->modio_move[1]

COPY ERROR: could not move file [em_includes/em_functions.php] to [../../../admin/em_includes/em_functions.php]

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: OK
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: No
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: ON
copy access :: OK

Additional System Information:

System: Linux http://www.9999mb.com" target="_blank 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Aug 12 09:39:11 CDT 2006 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
PHP version: 4.3.9
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: OFF
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: OFF
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:
write: server
move: copy

Selected settings:
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxrwx includes
-rw-rw-rw- easymod_display_functions.php
-rw-r--r-- post_process.bat
-rw-r--r-- post_process.sh
-rw-rw-rw- easymod_install.php
drwxrwxrwx em_includes
drwxrwxrwx .
drwxrwxrwx templates
drwxrwxrwx languages
drwxrwxrwx ..
-rw-rw-rw- easymod.gif

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.
Brendan Welsh

Nightrider

Re: copy error

Post by Nightrider »

I could use some additional information that isn't included here. Often times an error like this is caused when a file is corrupt, missing, or miss-named and often times the error doesn't match what's actually going wrong...

So could you go back to Step 1 where you enter the FTP login information and turn the FTP Debug Mode to Yes? Then you can try to install EM again. You should be given a lot more detail of what is taking place and hopefully it will be enough to uncover the root of your problem...

bw-

Post by bw- »

Testing selected write method
Testing FTP access...
Trying to connect to 9999mb.com:21 ...
Error : Cannot connect to remote host "9999mb.com:21"
Error : fsockopen() ()

FTP ERROR: connection to 9999mb.com:21 failed.
This error occurs frequently when the port number is incorrect. Back on step 1 you should try changing the FTP Port from 21 to whatever port you typically use when you FTP.
is what I get when I try to do it first, but when I click rescan it says I can do it automatically, which is when I get this:
Completing Post-Process

Warning: copy(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3916 is not allowed to access /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/em_includes owned by uid 2001 in /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 544

Warning: copy(../../../admin/em_includes/em_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 544

Error

Critical Error:

COPY ERROR: could not move file [em_includes/em_functions.php] to [../../../admin/em_includes/em_functions.php]

Expanded Debug Info
(formatted for forum posting)
EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: EM status: New Install
phpBB version: 2.0.21
Working Dir: /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 4
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error:

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: OK
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: No
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: ON
copy access :: OK

Additional System Information:

System: Linux http://www.9999mb.com" target="_blank 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Aug 12 09:39:11 CDT 2006 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
PHP version: 4.3.9
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: OFF
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: OFF
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:

Selected settings:
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

drwxrwxrwx includes
-rw-rw-rw- easymod_display_functions.php
-rw-r--r-- post_process.bat
-rw-r--r-- post_process.sh
-rw-rw-rw- easymod_install.php
drwxrwxrwx em_includes
drwxrwxrwx .
drwxrwxrwx templates
drwxrwxrwx languages
drwxrwxrwx ..
-rw-rw-rw- easymod.gif

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.
Brendan Welsh

bw-

Post by bw- »

I fixed it somehow. Lol.
Brendan Welsh

bw-

Post by bw- »

I fixed it, but I removed it because I didn't set up my pword correctly, and now it won't work... again.

Testing selected write method
Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to pbpbb2
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

1. Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
2. Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
3. In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
4. Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

FTP root directory:
/

Directory listing: your FTP Path should start with one of the directories listed below
FTP Error: A file listing could not be obtained. This usually indicates solution 4 listed above.
I don't know why it doesn't work. My forum dir is http://aatactics.9999mb.com/phpBB2" target="_blank
Brendan Welsh

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Isn't the path to your board htdocs/phpBB2? Make sure that the font case is correct. It looks like you used phpbb2 rather than phpBB2. Those are two totally different folders on *NIX servers even if they have the same parent directory...

bw-

Post by bw- »

I tried both htdocs/phpbb2, and pbpbb2 to no avail.

Any other suggestions? Is there anyway you can help me with it?
Brendan Welsh

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Right, you are still using the wrong font case. Instead of the following:

htdocs/phpbb2
You should be using this. Do you see the difference???

htdocs/phpBB2

bw-

Post by bw- »

FTP ERROR: could not cd to htdocs/phpBB2
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

Negative. I don't really know what htdocs is, either.

If this helps any, the controls are showing up in my CP but it shows up with this:
Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 2001 is not allowed to access ../extension.inc owned by uid 3916 in /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 57

Warning: main(../extension.inc): failed to open stream: Success in /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 57

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../extension.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /www/9999mb.com/a/a/t/aatactics/htdocs/phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 57
Brendan Welsh

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Did you say that wanted me to take a closer look at it for you? If so, send me a PM and we can go from there...