On Installation, Redirects toLogin Page

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
ivenms

Thanks

Post by ivenms »

Thanks Nightrider.

The problem is fixed.
Nightrider

Re: On Installation, Redirects toLogin Page

Post by Nightrider »

Good, did you get EM installed???

corbya

Post by corbya »

Nightrider wrote: Looping Login Problem

What is the Cookie path in General Admin Configuration in your ACP? If it isn't set to / you might want to try it. Changing this setting will force all of your members to have to clear the cookies to your board in their browsers...

Would the cookie path have to be permanently changed? I used Auto Cookie Mod and have a different path that works for my board. Could I change the path to install EZ Mod and then change it back?
If that doesn't work, then you can edit your easymod_install.php file and remove the following section, which causes more harm than good:

Are you saying that section does more harm than good, or removing it does more harm than good?

I already have Auto Cookies Mod and File Attachment Mod installed. Could these cause problems with installing EasyMod?

Thank you for any suggestions.
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Actually the Auto Cookies MOD should have told you that the path to your cookie should have been /. Once you use the Auto Cookies MOD to fix your cookie path, there is no need to keep it, so you can delete the file...

After correcting the cookie path, you and your members would need to delete the cookies to your board in your browsers...

Removing the login information from the easymod_install.php file bypasses the need to be logged in as admin before you can install EM. There really isn't any good reason to force a login before installing EM, so that requirement causes far more harm than good. That unnecessary requirement is why you are here asking for help and there was never a need to cause this problem for you or anyone else who had/have the same problem. Hopefully in future EM releases, that requirement will be removed...

corbya

Post by corbya »

Actually, the cookie path depends on the board configuration. In my case, I am using the format of http://forum.coolforums.net," target="_blank so the cookie path is /forum

From the Cookie Mod doc:
Forum location: http://forum.coolforums.net/" target="_blank
Your settings should be:

Domain Name: forum.coolforums.net (Note that the domain doesn't include 'http://', which is a protocol)
Script Path: / (Since there are no additional directories, just a slash)
Cookie Domain: forum.coolforums.net (Two dots are already present, hence no preceding dot is necessary)
Cookie Path: /forum (This is the script path without the trailing slash)
Cookie Name: cool_cookie (This can be anything (no spaces or periods). Make it original)
Session Length (seconds): 3600 (This can be different, but an hour is a good number)

That's why I'm unsure of what to do. Should I set the path to \ for the installation of EM and then put it back to \forum, or perhaps EM isn't be compatible with this configuratation.

I'll give it a try with the other suggestion....removing the admin requirement.

Cheers
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

It is simple to remove the login code from the easymod_install.php file. That would be the way I would go if I were in your shoes...

corbya

Post by corbya »

Removing the code seem to have done the trick. Now if I can only remember which Mod I was hoping to install in the first place!

Thank you
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Congratulations corbya!!! Image

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to speak up. If I can, I will be more than happy to help you...

corbya

Post by corbya »

Thanks Nightrider,

I did finallly remember the reason I installed EasyMod and used it to install two Mods. I installed the Humanizer with no problem.

I installed Website Signature Remove MOD and ran into a minor problem that was easily corrected by hand edit. I had already done some hand editing to one of the files, so it's understandable that the automation had some trouble with it.

Thanks for a great Mod. I hope it doesn't make me too lazy!
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Usually you can modify the MOD script so that you never have to manually modify your phpBB code, which is the safer way to handle it. Using EM won't make you lazier though. The braindead job of copying and pasting MOD code into phpBB files really doesn't make anyone smarter. It just takes up more of their time. You can learn far more by installing a large number of MODs using EM that you can by manually applying a few MODs to your code...

When you run into a conflict between the MOD script and your code, if you don't know how to modify the MOD script to work, you should post it here in Area 51 so that I can teach you a few simple tricks on how to do it. Once you understand the tricks, you will rarely ever have to manually apply MOD code to your phpBB files again...