installin simple subforum how to???? help

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
ashras99

Re: installin simple subforum how to???? help

Post by ashras99 »

Code: Select all

http://www.cronesspublishing.com/index.php.txt

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

That looks ok too. Did you add the missing </span> tag to the end of line 35 of your index_body.tpl file? That shouldn't cause this problem, but I have seen stranger things happen before...

The only other file that could have any real effect on this is the functions.php file. Could you provide a text link to it???

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

ya, span tag is added.

Have a look functions.php

http://www.cronesspublishing.com/functions.php.txt

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I don't see a problem with this either. Is the MOD author still supporting his MOD? I wonder if this has come up in the Simple Subforums Topic? From what you have given me so far, it looks like the MOD is installed correctly and I can't think of any other file that is modified by this MOD that might affect the Main Index page display...

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I just did a View Source on your Index page and it appears that some of the new Simple Subforums code is missing. Did you give me a current copy of your index_body.tpl file???

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

Latest link..

http://www.cronessspublishing.com/index_body.tpl.txt

**well this is a testing forum..so no problem if not solved...but i am worried if happen in live forum then what will happen.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Since your Test forum should be identical to your Live forum, you should expect the MOD to install exactly the same there as it does in your Test forum. If your Test forum is not identical to your Live forum, then your Test forum is pretty useless. It can't give you any clue how the MOD will install on your Live forum, so it is an unnecessary exercise to use it...

Your link above doesn't work...

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

Link fixed

http://www.cronesspublishing.com/index_body.tpl.txt

ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

Tell me one more thing...if i restore to backup then extra field added in the SQL database will also remove...or not?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If this is the current copy of your index_body.tpl file, then it looks fine. I see nothing wrong with it at all...

EM will not remove any fields or tables from your database. So if you want to clean things up after removing a MOD, you will need to manually remove them in phpMyAdmin or whatever you use to maintain your database...