Upgrade

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Realist

Upgrade

Post by Realist »

i think i have a mess on my hands... not quite sure

i started with version .19 and had a few mods... once .20 came out i wanted to clean everything up, upgrade and start my mods over

i did the clean_table mod>upload all the .20 files and update_to_latest>deleted my install files and uploaded easyinstall again

put my information in>set a password and once it starts up it just stops here

Step 2 (of 5): EasyMOD is now confirming your file access settings.

any thoughts? thanks

edited:
in the admin, the easymod links are there but it says i have an invalid password even though i haven't reinstalled it

Nightrider

Re: Upgrade

Post by Nightrider »

Realist, I'm not feeling too hot right now, so excuse me if I am not completely understanding what you are saying. At the first, it sounded like you started with a clean phpBB 2.0.20 install, but decided to use your current database. That's good so far. So I assume that you wiped out all of your phpBB files before uploading, that's why you are attempting to reinstall EM???

If you had EM installed on your 2.0.19 board and didn't wipe out the tables and data in your database, then the EM tables and records are still stored there. If you didn't delete your EM files before uploading phpBB 2.0.20, then EM should still be installed too. So if I am guessing correctly, your only problem is the password to access EM. If that is the case, then hare are two different options that you can do to fix your problem:
  1. Blank EM Password

You can go directly into your phpbb_config table and find the record which starts with EM_password. Copy and paste the following in the following field. This will make it so you can enter EM without any password...

Code: Select all

d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
  2. EM Password Utility

Try uploading this file to your admin folder and running it in your browser...

Change EM Password (empw.php)

You have to remove the .txt extension from the empw.php.txt file before you can run it. Remove the .txt extension and upload it into your admin folder. Then run the empw.php file from your browser.

The path should look something like this in your browser:

Code: Select all

http://yourdomain.com/phpBB/admin/empw.php
    You will be asked to provide your new Password twice along with your FTP password. You will probably see a couple of errors, but the utility seems to work fine still. You will want to rename or delete this file when you are finished...
I hope this helps. If not, could you clarify your problem for me???