error 500

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
sdaf

error 500

Post by sdaf »

I install EasyMOD 0.3.0 successful but I can't open nothing from MOD Center(Install MODs;EasyMOD History;EasyMOD Settings)
I use awardspace.com to hosting forum. FTP access is Passive. When I try open MODCenter's link it show me Error 500:
Error 500: Script Execution Failure
Description: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Most common reasons for returning this error message are:

• File Upload Mode
When you upload Perl, CGI scripts via FTP you should use always ASCII mode. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your FTP client uses ASCII mode when uploading your scripts, because if it uses BINARY mode to upload your scripts they won't work on the server. The problem caused by wrong upload mode is associated with the way different operating systems handle the "end of line" character. Unix system uses a "line-feed" (LF), Windows uses a "carriage-return" (CR) and "line-feed" (LF) pair. That's why it is very important that you set the uploading mode to ASCII.

• File Permissions
When you upload scripts via FTP the file permissions are set by default to 755. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your scripts have 755 permissions. Otherwise your scripts have lower level of permissions and does not support execution upon request. The octal representation of the 755 permission is equal to the following textual format: -rwxr-xr-x
Most FTP clients support the CHMOD command which is used for setting file permissions. In case you have set improper permissions to your scripts, use your FTP client and set "Read, Write, Execute" permissions for the owner, "Read, Execute" permissions for the group and everyone else.

• Script Errors
This is the third well known reason for getting "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" upon execution of your scripts. Check your scripts for any obvious syntax or programming errors to make sure your code is not broken.

Remember: When you get a "Error 500: Script Execution Failure", you should always check for any file uploading problems (ASCII/BINARY) and the executable permission settings. Once those are checked and verified, it looks like there is a syntax error or some other problem in the script.
How can I install it successful or remove it?

Nux

Re: error 500

Post by Nux »

For problems with security
I've tried to install EM, but it looks like my host has locked it out some how...
Answer:
viewtopic.php?t=21836#p131790
And if you will fail in solving this then uninstallation instructions are in the ReadMe.

Good luck.

24fan24

Post by 24fan24 »

It looks like an award space problem, I have it too.

http://forum.awardspace.com/viewtopic.p ... ++easy+mod" target="_blank

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I solved this problem last night. Awardspace requires that script file permissions be set to 755. Normally on most other sites, the file permissions are set to 644. So that is what EM sets when it installs itself and other MODs...

The solution to the problem is in this topic:

EM install script error

Based on what SHEEPEESHAUN said toward the end, it sounds like I might have missed something. I would be more than happy to directly help you get EM installed if you want. Just contact me through PM or at my site...

24fan24

Post by 24fan24 »

It worked! Thanks alot!

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Congratulations 24fan24!!! If you have any other problems, don't hesitate to let us know...