invalid password supplied

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Kyle C.

invalid password supplied

Post by Kyle C. »

I got, INVALID PASSWORD SUPPLIED when I entered the CORRECT password in in my ACP, what should I do? IS there any way to just totally uninstall easymod and then reinstal it later?

rikabi

Re: invalid password supplied

Post by rikabi »

yea i am having t he same problem!! :?

Drek

Post by Drek »

I'm having this same problem. I've got EasyMod installed, but when I try to access it, it tells me that my password is incorrect, which I know it isn't (I've actually installed EM about four or five times to be sure, and I've tried an empty password, nothing has worked). I noticed that the "htmlspecialchars" function is used on the password and the default charset for that is ISO-8859-1. MySQL, Apache and PHP all use UTF-8 in my setup. Is this what is causing the problems?
Windows XP Professional SP2
Apache 2.0.54
PHP 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.13a

Nux

Post by Nux »

Drek wrote: I'm having this same problem. I've got EasyMod installed, but when I try to access it, it tells me that my password is incorrect, which I know it isn't (I've actually installed EM about four or five times to be sure, and I've tried an empty password, nothing has worked). I noticed that the "htmlspecialchars" function is used on the password and the default charset for that is ISO-8859-1. MySQL, Apache and PHP all use UTF-8 in my setup. Is this what is causing the problems?
This shouldn't be the cause of the problem as the function is always used (if it changes the pass in a wired way, then it would also change it later - so it's not it).

Reinstalling instructions are here.

Anyway the blank password should work so it's totally wired to me :?:

Drek

Post by Drek »

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled EM several times and I am still having the same problem (when I say completely uninstalled, I mean I deleted all the files, and all the database entries).
Apache 2.0.54
PHP 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.13a

Drek

Post by Drek »

Well, I figured out the problem. The code for the input was supposed to be name="password", and that is what I saw in the mod_login.tpl, and in all the entries in admin_easymod.php were "password". However, when I looked at the code in Firefox, it said name="pass". So I switched all the input names to "pass" in the files, and it works perfectly.

This is a really odd problem, and I have no idea why this would happen. All I can guess is perhaps there is an bug in PHP 5. I was also having a wierd problem when I installed EasyMod, when it came time for EasyMod to copy the tpl files into the subSilver/admin directory, it tried to copy them into subSilverdmin. The first letter of the directory, and the divider were cut out. I don't know if this is related somehow to this problem or not.
Apache 2.0.54
PHP 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.13a

wired420

Post by wired420 »

I am having this same problem. After watching the trafic of my install I've concluded that at the final step of the install script something is messed up.

Updating EasyMOD table data
Storing config table entries:

Is the last thing that happens. It doesn't even attempt to make a connection to my mysql server to update. This is checked by looking at your mysql server logs for connections.

Why would the script freeze and refuse to finish... On a test account I set all file permissions for files and directories to 0777 and it still does nothing. I'm lost any help?

php 4.3.11
MySQL 4.0.25
Apache 2.0.54_4
FreeBSD 5.4

Nux

Post by Nux »

Is phpBB working besides that? What did you choose for move/write method? Have you tried to refresh the page?

wired420

Post by wired420 »

Phpbb works great. I have it set to the auto copy through the script, and I've rescaned uninstalled, reinstalled, all like 10 times a piece. Try'd it over and over with all possible settings all with the same result.

lafong

Post by lafong »

For me, this problem was caused by the failed "Storing config table entries" step, as described above. And that step failed because encryption support apparently requires php-xml. In Mandrake, php-xml is not installed by default. In fact, I don't even have it on my cds. It is available on various websites however. After installing the rpm, and restarting apache, everything worked fine: I could finally log in.