EN Install confirmed - Issue with language warning in ACP

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Rep

EN Install confirmed - Issue with language warning in ACP

Post by Rep »

I installed EM and it was confirmed. As directed, I went to my ACP and found the following warnings. My phpBB version is 2.0.16. I checked my files and lang_easymod_English is on the server. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I closed the browser at my phpBB I had been using and opened a new one. The above error message is gone and the ACP includes a mod center with three options. I think I may be there. But, I wanted you to know I had that original issue. I will check back to see if anybody knows why this may have happened.

Warning: main(language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.gab/XX/pro.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 30

Warning: main(language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.gab/XX/pro.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.gab/XX/pro.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 30

wGEric

Re: EN Install confirmed - Issue with language warning in AC

Post by wGEric »

Check to make sure language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php exists.
Eric

Rep

Post by Rep »

wGEric wrote: Check to make sure language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php exists.
TY for the post. Actually, when following up with this issue, I had made a mistake. Easymod works fine on my forum. The problem noted above is in the admin panel of my portal. I use MX, version 2.7.5-pl4 as my portal.

Any ideas why the issue would show up in a portal?

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

We don't really support any portals or anything like *Nuke, so I doubt this would be the place to get help regarding either of them. Try asking those at the support forum of your portal.

Rep

Post by Rep »

GPHemsley wrote: We don't really support any portals or anything like *Nuke, so I doubt this would be the place to get help regarding either of them. Try asking those at the support forum of your portal.
Yes, I do understand. You would go nuts if you had to support everything that came along.
I was just wondering if it could be that language pack should be reinstalled. EM is working at the forum, just the portal is screwed up.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Rep wrote:
GPHemsley wrote: We don't really support any portals or anything like *Nuke, so I doubt this would be the place to get help regarding either of them. Try asking those at the support forum of your portal.
Yes, I do understand. You would go nuts if you had to support everything that came along.
I was just wondering if it could be that language pack should be reinstalled. EM is working at the forum, just the portal is screwed up.
Well, I, personally, have no idea. I doubt anyone else here will either, but good luck to you.

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

This problem is caused by the way mxBB scans the phpBB admin folder. It uses a function (to perform the includes) where several critical variables are not defined as global.

I posted the fix for them here:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9883#39883" target="_blank