Installing a few MODs...gone wrong.

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
bobthehobo

Installing a few MODs...gone wrong.

Post by bobthehobo »

So i was installing the awfully-easy-to-install-these-days Attachment MOD, and the popular Category Hierarchy MOD. When i was doing so i noticed it was giving me stuff like "Warning chmod...not accessable...security" <-- (i dont remember quite what it said but i know it had bold Warning and chmod in it). So that couldn't of been good, obviously i did something wrong. Then i confirmed my fears when my whole forum got erased and i had to clean out everything major big time (luckily i had a backup, that only worked after i got a new account offa my host [couldn't get phpmyadmin working]) and got them back up. Now i want to attempt putting those and then some MODs on my forums w/o having to go through the painful 120+ min coding process by using EM! So what i am really getting at is:

I would like to know what i did wrong the first time so i don't do it again.

(bumped to edit, sorry won't do it again)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Installing a few MODs...gone wrong.

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Categories Hierarchy and Attachment MOD interfere with each other. The interference might be stopped by installing one of them with EM and the other by hand, but I doubt that highly :)
A_Jelly_Doughnut