[user input] Help... please.

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
StarEdit

[user input] Help... please.

Post by StarEdit »

After uploading all of the files to their respective directories. I went to install EasyMOD, I recieved this error.

Code: Select all

No server read access. Check your permission settings. Read access from a local file not implemented in this version.
Sucessfully opened [lang_easymod.php] for reading, but did not find the expected string.
Found this instead: [<?php /*************************************************************************** * lang_easymod.php [English] * ------------------- * begin : Saturday, Mar 22 2003 * copyright : (C) 2002-2004 by Nuttzy - Craig Nuttall * email : nuttzy@blizzhackers.com * * $Id: lang_easymod.php,v 0.1.13 2004/08/08 00:00:00 nuttzy Exp $ * ****************************************************************************/ /*************************************************************************** * * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or * (at your option) any later version. * ***************************************************************************/ // // EasyMOD // // EasyMOD alpha specific" ; //$lang['EM_SQL_Alpha2'] = '<b>NOTE:]
All files are chmod to 644 and all directories are 755 which allow read.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Nuttzy99

Re: Help... please.

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Sounds like you uploaded it as a binary instead of an ascii file. Therefore it is not seeing any line breaks as it should. Try reuploading the files again and make sure they are ascii.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site