Could not find [templates/subSilver/admin/mod_install.tpl]

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
mizzat

Re: Could not find [templates/subSilver/admin/mod_install.tp

Post by mizzat »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Ermac wrote:i downloaded the phpbb basic pack
I don't know what that is.
Ermac wrote:and the mod_install.tpl file isn't included in there either! Where can i find this file?
It is an easymod file. It is in the admin/mods/easymod/em_includes directory and then EM moves it to where it needs to go. Make sure you have it in that directory I listed.

-Nuttzy :cool:
mod_install.tpl is in the easymod/includes not em_includes. But by the looks of the files in each directory, it seems like it is supposed to be in includes. I put it in both, however, and a no go still same error:
EM installer v0.1.13 wrote: phpBB version: 2.0.10
Working Dir: /home/diadmin/public_html/forums/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 1
Mode:
The Error wrote: Critical Error: EasyMOD cannot be installed. The subSilver template is not present in the templates directory. This template is required as the baseline template for MOD installations. The subSilver template is provided in the standard phpBB download at http://www.phpbb.com." target="_blank
Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: No
root path write :: No
chmod access :: unattempted
unlink access :: unattempted
mkdir access :: unattempted
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: OFF
copy access :: No

As i appears above, it needs write access, but to what? I have owner write access.
mizzat

Re: Could not find [templates/subSilver/admin/mod_install.tp

Post by mizzat »

for future reference to people looking at this. You must goto your admin panel>Styles> and actually INSTALL subSilver. It does not come like that.