Rewrite in the Works

If you are new, check here first! Help and the latest news are here.
Forum rules
[b]DO NOT[/b] give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
wGEric

Rewrite in the Works

Post by wGEric »

We are currently in the process of doing a rewrite of EasyMOD. This is why there haven't been any updates to the current release of EasyMOD. There probably won't be a public release until we are ready for beta which will mean that most of the features that we want to be included in EasyMOD are done.

The rewrite will contain cleaner code that is easier to maintain as well as expand the functionality of EasyMOD. I think everyone will like it.
Eric

code reader

Re: Rewrite in the Works

Post by code reader »

wGEric wrote: We are currently in the process of doing a rewrite of EasyMOD. This is why there haven't been any updates to the current release of EasyMOD. There probably won't be a public release until we are ready for beta which will mean that most of the features that we want to be included in EasyMOD are done.

The rewrite will contain cleaner code that is easier to maintain as well as expand the functionality of EasyMOD. I think everyone will like it.
Question: Do you plan to have the "EasyMOD: TNG" available for 2.0?
if not, why not?

(btw: i know that olympus bug-reports are strictly forbidden, but i couldnt skip this one:
although i am not allowed to "reply" or to "post" in this forum, curiously enough, i am allowed to "quote", which basically means i can reply...)

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

TNG?

I don't believe I've seen that acronymn every used anywhere
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

code reader wrote: (btw: i know that olympus bug-reports are strictly forbidden, but i couldnt skip this one:
although i am not allowed to "reply" or to "post" in this forum, curiously enough, i am allowed to "quote", which basically means i can reply...)
Not a bug, my fault. I didn't set the permissions correctly. Should be fixed now.
Eric

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

code reader wrote: Question: Do you plan to have the "EasyMOD: TNG" available for 2.0?
if not, why not?
TNG == the next generation for anyone wondering.

The rewrite will work on phpBB 2.0.x. Closer to the release of 3.0 we will also have a version of EasyMOD for that.
Eric