New Style for phpBB 3.3 ?

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Lirodon

Re: New Style for phpBB 3.3 ?

Post by Lirodon »

What I was personally thinking was having the SASS code compiled into either the cache dir or database.

david63

Post by david63 »

Isn't all of this somewhat academical as looking at the way things are currently going I cannot even see 3.2 being released, let alone 3.3
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Meis2M Online

Post by Meis2M »

Great Marc... it is so good... you can use your ability to change prosilver with Bootstrap.

i think its time to go phpBB 4 and forget 3.3

i hear about ckeditor 5.. may be use it for phpBB

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Marc wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 am I do also agree that we should try to move forward from prosilver, something we probably should've already targeted for 3.1. There are a lot of new tools and design approaches out there nowadays. We should take these opportunities and improve the usabilitiy and overall look of phpBB on the frontend. hanakin has already put some thought into this and I think with the community we'll be able to create something that will put phpBB into the current times.
It is really nice to read this words, especially when is the Leader of the Dev Team that's writing such sentences.
Time to go ahead has come, not only with the PHP core code but the style indeed.
This time was the time already long ago, agreed.

If all of this could apply to the entire phpBB's old philosophy that would be the best, but that's another neverending story I guess. Anyway, keep cool Marc. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Aurelienazerty

Post by Aurelienazerty »

Good idea Marc ! Nice job

Lirodon

Post by Lirodon »

So here's what I've mocked up for topic listings. Like earlier, I mainly kept the same layout, but re-constructed it using new code.

The search box has been refactored into a switch for the header search box between "Search this section only" and "Search all sections" options. I've also proposed a replacement for the jump menu at the bottom. Instead, it would work similarly to the address bar on Windows' file manager since Vista, with a dropdown when you click the arrow.

edit: Also, just for fun:

koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Looking good both the ACP and style.
The only thing in the style it seems a bit cluttered - the topic list is not in "focus" - which it should be imho.

Lirodon

Post by Lirodon »

I did some further tweaks to address the prominence issues, and put the mockup code up on GitHub so you can poke around at it.

koraldon

Post by koraldon »

I really like forum index, I see that you used two columns for the stats and who is online.
Is there an option to make it a configuration selection to use single column vs. two columns on desktop? So the forum index is on a wide column and all the other things are on a narrow column, like here: https://theadminzone.com/

neufke

Post by neufke »

Marc wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 am I've actually been working on reworking the overall ACP UI and UX in the past months
Marc, on a sidenote: wouldn't it be time to start with a dedicated frontend dev-team? proSilver (or "the theme" in general) is an ongoing discussion and has been for the last couple of years. I am not looking for a job but reading this thread others would most certainly want to qualify and it would take some load of backend dev-time.