Multiple Profile Fields changes pending

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
javiexin

Multiple Profile Fields changes pending

Post by javiexin »

Hello,

Since before 3.1.4 was released, I have proposed a set of profile fields changes, mostly to FIX issues with the functionality that makes it impossible to any extension author to create a new profile field type.

However, we have since released 3.1.4, 3.1.5 and 3.1.6, and yet these changes have not been reviewed or commented on, and the way it looks, this is going to be the case moving forward. And there have been a lot of other changes that I have proposed in the meantime that have been approved, or at least commented on.

How do I make sure that these are reviewed and either approved or rejected (for a reason)?

For the record, the (current) patches related to profile fields that are long time pending are the following:
  • [ticket/13867] Enable/disable mechanism for new profile field types - Cleanup for profile fields, the same way that this is needed for notifications (on enable/disable, profile fields must be activated/deactivated to avoid breaking the forum). Open since May 2015, 3.1.4.
  • [ticket/13853] Flexible schema for profilefields step 1 configuration - In the current code, profile fields "step 1" is hardcoded in the core, making it impossible to create any new profile field type that does not "fake" this step. This patch makes the code for "step 1" dependent on the profile field type class implementation, therefore making it possible to extend the PF system. The patch also includes update of all core profile field types. Open since May 2015, 3.1.4.
  • [ticket/13960] Profile field validation breaks ACP - Plain core bug. This one ticket is not even assigned a milestone! And it is a pure bug, that anyone may reproduce by looking at the ticket description. Open since June 2015, 3.1.5.
  • [ticket/13934] Add enctype clause for profile fields - If you want to support images in profile fields, there needs to be an ENCTYPE clause in the corresponding forms. Only some forms do have this clause now. This patch adds the corresponding clause as a new template variable that may be set in the extension if needed; otherwise, no change. Open since June 2015, 3.1.4.
Thanks a lot,
-javiexin
Last edited by javiexin on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Re: Multiple Profile Fields changes pending

Post by Nicofuma »

Posting this kind of topic doesn't help at all.
If you think one no your PR have been forgotten just comment on it yourself asking nicely for news.
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

I have done that already, with these or other PRs. And this is not an individual case, is a set of changes that, although independent, are all required to complete the modification of the profile fields system to be extensible by ext authors.

If I did bother anyone, I sincerely apologise though.
-javiexin

PS: The question I made is: "How do I make sure that these are reviewed and either approved or rejected (for a reason)?"
Given the time since I submitted them, it seems to me like a fair question to ask... But again, no intention to bother anyone.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

Like I said, bump the PRS when you think we forgot them, that's the best way to go ^^
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Done again.

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Thanks a lot for the interest, since I opened this topic, all issues have either been resolved or at the very least discussed.

That is great!
Thanks again,
-javiexin