PHPBB3-11595 - API

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
JuliaPiv

Re: PHPBB3-11595 - API

Post by JuliaPiv »

Hello!

Could you please tell me what current state of this ticket? Does phpBB 3.2.X provide any REST API or not? If yes, where can I see some kind of documentation for it?

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

This ticket has not been implemented yet. There is no REST or any other type of API in 3.2.

JuliaPiv

Post by JuliaPiv »

Thank you!

anuditverma

Post by anuditverma »

Hi,

First of all, I would like to apologise for blatantly replying on the PR : https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3100, my bad, sorry doing for that.

I would like to introduce myself to the community, I am Anudit Verma, a final year CS undergrad from University School of Information, Communication and Technology (USICT), Delhi, India. I am an avid open source enthusiast and a contributor, always interested in learning something new while contributing significantly to the open source community. I have worked earlier on a GSoC project with CiviCRM, in helping them integrate OSDI API into their system, my project can be seen here. I did most of my project's work in PHP, along with that it include working with REST APIs, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other web stack technologies. You can know more about me at anudit.in/aboutme

For GSoC'17, I am very much interested in Project Idea: REST API, I have followed this PR, got the brief idea about the current status of the API auth implementation, interestingly the expected results for this idea are somewhat similar to my previous GSoC project. I am also familiar with auth keys and unique IDs along with working with API endpoints.

I am looking forward to know more about this idea and it's requirements in details.
Thank you, eagerly waiting for the reply.

Frode789

Post by Frode789 »

Hi.

Is this not being worked on anymore? Would love REST api support for phpBB :)