PHPBB3-10418 - WYSIWYG Editor/Rich Text Editor

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Meis2M

Re: WYSIWYG Editor/Rich Text Editor

Post by Meis2M »

i dont know who can create this extension for 3.1 !!!

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

SCE is still not ready for phpBB. It is some bugs still require some work although it is almost ready.
It may be ready by 3.1.2 or so. Events don't wait for new versions.
If you were thinking on a different WYSWIYG editor than SCE, For all the ones I've seen so far, just forget it. Only if you know one I don't know about, otherwise, don't waste your time.

mauro.botta

Post by mauro.botta »

Good idea... +1

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

brunoais what news your work?

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

SCE is improving. For the integration with phpBB, it is paused while SCE is being fixed. The major issues are already taken cared of but other issues related to user experience still require some work.
Unfortunately too, I've been very busy but I've been working hard to assist SCE's main developer the best way I can.

After I'm done with f_brunoais_read_other (as an extension), I'll move to prepare all phpBB's code for a WYSIWYG editor.
As I mentioned although, I will only add SCE to phpBB although I'll try to make it such that any other editor may be used instead and such that replacing or adding support for more is an easy enough task, it may take a little longer.

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

well done...
and is it possible see SCE in an extesion for 3.1 too or you work on it for 3.2?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Meis2M wrote:well done...
and is it possible see SCE in an extesion for 3.1 too or you work on it for 3.2?
Please stop asking about this here. If you need/want an extension for 3.1 you need to ask in the appropriate forum on phpBB.com. If you have nothing else to contribute to the planning of integrating this feature into 3.2 there is no further need for you to comment. Thanks.

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

why u angry?
it was a question to dear brunoais. you are one of phpBB team and we expect your words should be more kindly.

Ok i don't comment any thing here. do every thing u think need to do.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Meis2M wrote:why u angry?
it was a question to dear brunoais. you are one of phpBB team and we expect your words should be more kindly.
Nobody is angry but you seem set on pushing for this feature and it's not the first time so you seem to just need a small push in the right direction. ;-)

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

@DavidIQ
I don't mind and he's got a point. I'm really rarely on phpbb.com so I could easily miss it if he asked there. Ofc, if there's a topic for these questions I may subscribe to it to get e-mails. As long as he doesn't keep pestering it's perfectly fine :).