PHPBB3-14164 - Helpful instructions for database updates

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.2/Rhea branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.2.
Lady_G

PHPBB3-14164 - Helpful instructions for database updates

Post by Lady_G »

Tracker: [PHPBB3-14164] Helpful instructions for database updates - phpBB Tracker
Ticket: [ticket/14164] Add instructions to use the CLI for database updates by Zoddo · Pull Request #3906

I propose to improve the installation instructions by showing how to use the phpBB command line interpreter. These instructions are in the online update guide, but missing in the released documentation.

This is my first attempt to do an update of phpBB and I have no experience with touching the "live" git repository. Zoddo was kind enough to create the pull request, modify the source, and generate the ticket (thank you).

I am following the process in the Git - phpBB Development Wiki. The next step is to post a topic in 3.1/Ascraeus RFCs & Patches forum at area51, but I have no permissions to create a new topic.

Do I need different permissions, or is the wiki incorrect?

Can someone please guide me on the next step?

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Re: PHPBB3-14164 - Helpful instructions for database updates

Post by Nicofuma »

Their isn't any next step :) and yes the wiki is incorrect, I will fix it when I'll have the time.

Thank you for your contribution :)
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM