[RFC]Quote link to quoted message

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.2/Rhea branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.2.
brunoais

Re: [RFC]Quote link to quoted message

Post by brunoais »

Hum... There's this function:bbcode_quote() in message_parser.php...
I'll need some time to study that function and prepare it for the changes... I was thinking the changes were only in bbcode.php, actually, there's more needed for this job.
This will take a while.
Any help to speed this thing up is welcome

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

For the record, afaik the BBCode system is being revamped so this could probably wait a little while until that's done.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33021 - New BBcode Engine for reference.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

There is code in this post, Re: In quote link back to original post, that works with the current version of phpBB (3.0.10).

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

Code: Select all

[quote="brunoais" post="15"]dsd[/quote]
[quote="brunoais" source="http://www.phpbb.com/support/irc/"]dsd[/quote]
There's no source but there's an optional url attribute as described in this post.

Shouldn't post be called post_id? It's possible to add a post_id attribute that holds a number. It's possible to have a template that uses this number in a URL, something like this:

<a href="{U_VIEWPOST}{NUMBER}">{L_BACK_TO_POST}</a>
It's possible to have another optional number that holds a timestamp but there's no built-in way to generate a localized date at display time. It's possible to use the core.text_formatter_s9e_render_before event to generate a localized date and inject it in the metadata before a formatted text is displayed. Or not use an event at all and just execute the same code in the relevant context.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

JoshyPHP wrote:

[quote="brunoais" post="15"]dsd[/quote]
[quote="brunoais" source="http://www.phpbb.com/support/irc/"]dsd[/quote]
There's no source but there's an optional url attribute as described in this post.
url can replace source (in my spec), yes.
JoshyPHP wrote: Shouldn't post be called post_id? It's possible to add a post_id attribute that holds a number. It's possible to have a template that uses this number in a URL, something like this:

<a href="{U_VIEWPOST}{NUMBER}">{L_BACK_TO_POST}</a>
L_BACK_TO_POST ? It is meant to be the link to the source post of the quote. The postId is used because the forum may change location and/or domain and, that way, it would still be working as it points to a post, not an URL.
JoshyPHP wrote: It's possible to have another optional number that holds a timestamp but there's no built-in way to generate a localized date at display time. It's possible to use the core.text_formatter_s9e_render_before event to generate a localized date and inject it in the metadata before a formatted text is displayed. Or not use an event at all and just execute the same code in the relevant context.
I think that could be solved by calling a php function from inside the XSL. What do you think?

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

brunoais wrote:L_BACK_TO_POST ? It is meant to be the link to the source post of the quote.
Yes. L_BACK_TO_POST can be whatever string makes sense, that's just an example. U_VIEWPOST would be the static part of the URL for viewing a post, e.g. https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=. It would be set in PHP.
brunoais wrote:I think that could be solved by calling a php function from inside the XSL. What do you think?
There's no support in the library for executing arbitrary PHP while rendering a template. That's a Pandora's box I am careful not to open needlessly. That's why the simplest way to access or generate that kind of metadata is currently to inject it before rendering.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Is it possible to add the preprocessing capability to your library to process variables before they are sent to the stylesheet?

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

I think that what I'm going to do is offer a utility that rewrites attribute values inside of a parsed text (which is in XML.)

Most likely it'll be used like this:

$xml = s9e\TextFormatter\Utils::replaceAttributes(
    $xml,
    'QUOTE',
    function ($attributes) use ($user)
    {
        if (isset($attributes['timestamp']))
        {
            $attributes['date'] = $user->format_date($attributes['timestamp']);
        }

return $attributes;
    }
); 
:arrow: Grab all QUOTE tags, those that have a timestamp attribute get a date attribute that contains the localized date.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

How would quote be defined with that functionality?