Calendar with events.

These RFCs were either rejected or have been replaced by an alternative proposal. They will not be included in phpBB.
Darkness_demoN

Calendar with events.

Post by Darkness_demoN »

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2155315

I think some simple calendar with events will be good starting point to make better ones in feature :)

Pony99CA

Re: Calendar with events.

Post by Pony99CA »

Except that phpBB development has always said that calendars are not part of bulletin board functions. They're fine as extensions, but not as part of the core.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Darkness_demoN

Post by Darkness_demoN »

:/

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

How many forums make proper use of their forum calendar, bar listing members birthdays on one. They never get used much on most other forums having them, so don't see it as being that needed for phpBB 3.1

Jessica.

Post by Jessica. »

Not needed...better left off as an extension.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

One would say phpbb is about community and communities often have events and meetings so.. It is useful for many boards but not useful for others. Same as many other phpbb features such as user ranks, attachments, jabber, custom profile fields etc. I really dont like this dividing to "bb features" and "not bb features". I understand why developers chose this approach, to keep the core as light as possible but then it would be great if there were many "official extensions based on voting in phpBB Ideas". I am really looking forward how this will go and what phpbb will be in next few years.

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

Kamahl19 wrote:I understand why developers chose this approach, to keep the core as light as possible but then it would be great if there were many "official extensions based on voting in phpBB Ideas".
I'd prefer official extensions to adding non-forum related features, like event calendars and newsletters to the forum core but they add what they want and skip what they don't. In the end, it's up to them; not us, so I don't think the votes mean much.
These kids today...
Buy them books, send them to school and what do they do?

They eat the paste. :lol:

Mess

Post by Mess »

Kamahl19 wrote:I understand why developers chose this approach, to keep the core as light as possible but then it would be great if there were many "official extensions based on voting in phpBB Ideas". I am really looking forward how this will go and what phpbb will be in next few years.
I couldn't agree more.
I wish there where enough developers that we could have an Extension development team for official extensions. There is actually some features which could be trimmed out of the core, if it was possible to have officially supported extensions.

Ger

Post by Ger »

Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

Darkness_demoN

Post by Darkness_demoN »

Mess wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:I understand why developers chose this approach, to keep the core as light as possible but then it would be great if there were many "official extensions based on voting in phpBB Ideas". I am really looking forward how this will go and what phpbb will be in next few years.
I couldn't agree more.
I wish there where enough developers that we could have an Extension development team for official extensions. There is actually some features which could be trimmed out of the core, if it was possible to have officially supported extensions.
++++1